MBBO inspiration pics...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found pics I saved of this for sale a couple of years ago.
funky.jpg

funky3.jpg

funky20.jpg

Funky! It's got 2 brakes

Last edited:
These 2 trikes that Ian Roussel from Full Custom Garage built serve as a major inspiration for both my Poison Apple trike build, and another Spaceliner/Flightliner bike I also want to turn into a trike. Actually, a lot of Ian Roussel's builds serve as inspiration for my custom bike projects, especially with how he's always looking for "shapes" and how he likes to utilize scrap pieces and whatever else he has laying around.

This first trike is where I got the idea for the seating position, the BIG tires in the rear, the extended fork, and even that rear bodywork idea I have in mind with that metal drum I mocked up yesterday.
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 10.30.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 10.30.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 10.31.38 AM.png

This other trike is more of an inspiration for the Spaceliner trike I want to build, but it's still a solid reference point for the trike I'm currently working on.
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 10.33.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 10.33.30 AM.png

Just came across this trike while looking for more ideas, and I might have just found a solution for making some rear bodywork that still looks muscular! This guy used a combo of '36 Olds and '39 Chevy fenders, but I think I could do something similar with either some leftover '40 Ford fenders from one of my dad's projects, or maybe a pair of VW Beetle fenders, if one of my contacts has a pair I can buy. My main concern is having room to pedal, and that means the fenders can't stick out too far and inward. Plus, my trike's more short and stubby than it is long and low. I want it to look proportionally correct.
hrdp-1205-retro-rebels-homebuilt-hot-rods-05.jpg
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 8.14.30 PM.png

Not so much an inspiration but an idea of what to do white these tiny bikes...
IMG_20201010_164431017.jpg
IMG_20201011_172403.jpg

The Wild One, from last year. Minus the apes. I'm converting the back family room of my childhood home to a jam studio / mancave and this is the first piece I put up. As soon as the kitchen remodel is done I'm starting to move in. It's just crosstown.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back