(MBBO class1)Low Certification

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How well does that ride with the heavier spring on it? I was looking to use a one of the shorter 450lb mtb spring with mine, instead of the conical.
it has a very small amount of movement which is what I want as I am after looks rather than function,it has been tightened/compressed an inch which if you get into pychics(boring to me)means the more you compress the less the springiness also you have to consider with the bent fork it gives it more leverage/movement because the fork is more horizontal compared to a straighter more vertical fork,if you put it on and don't compress it at all it should work considering the spring rate is close to half of 750lbs

Nice work! This build captures both the muscle bike and low rider vibe in one.

ready to do the head badge So I go to open my wooden crate that has my acrylic paints and a shoebox sized box that has all my expensive pens i.e metallic gel pens,paint over anything paint pens,various fine point colored pens,drawing pens,you get the picture,even though I don't do art too much I take it seriously and like to have an array of materials,..........the box is nearly empty....a few colored sharpies and fine liners..........wheres my kids wid my stuff,little buggers,oh we used them ages ago...mum said it would be fine,dad can just go buy more.:20:

headbadge done,picture of bike I drew out of my head without any plan apes,bent springer and did gold spoke wheel cos I was listening to B Marley at the time so went with green gold and red.
silver and gold were done with metallic fine line pens and red/green/black done with sharpie fine point markers,tried to find my white pen to do the tire with a whitewal,hardest but best part I like is the brake lever drawn over the rivet
iphone560_zpsf05e1072.jpg

Last edited:
I was trying to find a small enough rub on letterset to do the words but couldnt find any,but glad I did it by hand instead,would have been better but the simple fact was I was too lazy to undo the top of the fork area to remove the fork,ended up just screwing down the fork to the table instead
iphone557_zps95cc856e.jpg

so colored the front tire lettering to give it a better look and cut up some wrist wraps to wrap the handlebars to give it the wrapped exhaust look and to keep the ends on I used the wire tie downs from sparkling wine bottles (Jacobs creek moscato,if you like wine this is my fav at the moment,not so much the sparkling but the spritzer,it is Really nice)will do this idea allot on future builds
iphone561_zps2ee550e8.jpg

iphone562_zps07f502da.jpg

iphone564_zps0e369ad8.jpg

so found the guard that goes with that bigger 20x1 3/8 and it would fit really nice and tight and it is narrow too lending to the fast look but I dont have a rear guard,will see if I sand/flat black and mount it anyway...hhhuummmmm

found one of my old mirrors fro a lowrider bike I bought,it had fluffy white homemade material stuck on it and lucky for me it came off well and so did the glue residue
iphone565_zps37a285bf.jpg

iphone569_zps0068357c.jpg

iphone568_zpsd5c8c59d.jpg

this is the front guard sanded it abit
iphone566_zpse607573f.jpg

primered and flat blacked,drying in my boiler cupboard...........I mean custom drying room:D
iphone570_zps1b3b8378.jpg

Really like the rear fender on the front wheel with the reflector almost
scraping and the champagne cork holders on the grips finally an old
number plate as a rear fender, rippin it up Endless!!!!!!

Really like the rear fender on the front wheel with the reflector almost
scraping and the champagne cork holders on the grips finally an old
number plate as a rear fender, rippin it up Endless!!!!!!
Those pics in the finished thread showing all the new details are very cool!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back