(MBBO Class 2) Muscle Basket Case

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HGgbDY.jpg

Okay it seems I have figured it out now someone let me know if you can see it or not and it's the right size

I have been able to strip and paint the frame and a couple other pieces sorry for no pics right now I'll get some posted tomorrow I don't know if anyone will be able to tell the difference in the two colors one is black and other is metallic black hopefully when I get it assembled the sun will be shining for good pics hoping to start some assembly tomorrow but still need to paint springerfork and a few bolts

Zh9Egz.jpg

Well this is what I have so far I worked on my wife's car most of the day wished I could have taken pictures before dark the sun was out all day today hopefully it will be tomorrow maybe you could see both colors outside the chainguard,wheels,fenders,and apes are metallic black there's not gonna be much chrome only the rear hub,sprocket,headlight,and springs at the bottom of the sissy bars hopefully I can find a whitewall for the front or color the tire I got.

It's not chromoly the guy I got it from sanded the paint off it was rough and someone had sprayed paint over half of it I may just clear it myself for now

qlDNVf.jpg

GI0q1x.jpg

bZijay.jpg

HRT7lQ.jpg

Here it is mostly together I need to fix my lights with LED flashlights and I have a couple little round mirrors with reflectors I might put on and I was thinking of covering the space between the baskets with something whatever I could find that would look good since I have no rear fender now
I hope everyone likes it if you don't let me have it it'll be ok hopefully the lights will be pretty simple and can get them took care of soon I would like to put some kind of light on the rear but don't know what to use maybe I'll find something suitable its hard to see the two different blacks you can see it in the chainguard pic but the apes and sissy bar is also that color black I guess that is all I got for now

Very cool! I understand the "Basket Case" reference now!

Luke.
I was wanting one for the front to but could not find one I have a old metal milk crate but it feels like it weighs 20lbs I thought it was just too heavy plus when I got the bike it was just a warped frame and wheels no bars,seat or anything else I did get a wicker basket with a crank and sprocket and a few odd bolts in it.

i forgot to mention that I added a metal plate behind the seat post to stiffin things a little . I had cut the fender bracket out when I widened th rear . You can see it in the third pic in the last ones I posted. I'll probably still add a basket to the front if I can find one.

I believe I have gotten everything done that I wanted and could do before the end date wish I could have done more but the budget wouldn't allow . Got my light working and mirrors put on and found a piece of aluminum to put between my baskets and painted it. It's been raining all day so I'll try to get final pics tomorrow if the sun will peak out a little if not I'll still take pics just might not be final pics.

R6s0GW.jpg
Pg5ODI.jpg
i5TXzG.jpg
UIUcZ5.jpg

Here it is this is about all I'm gonna do to it for now I got a couple more of the cheap bike lights like the one I have on one side of the sissy and forks so all together I will have three lights up front but the two little ones will bounce with the forks I found a little skull I had to glue to it. I got a couple more days to get better pics hopefully not no photographer so don't really know good from bad but I'll pick what is best and post in finish

Latest posts

Back