(MBBO Class 1) Buzz Kill

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We now have a good rider and held up to my 240 lb. butt just fine though the brakes are not going to win any skid contest!

The cat likes it for some reason ?

The shifter was in sad shape, the mechanism was seized with rust but it came apart without dammage and the housing had the chrome flaking off so I sanded it as smooth as I could without spending too much time on it then shot it with some metallic chrome paint to cover some of the ugly !

I decided the original front rim was a waste of time so I used this old twisted spoke bmx wheel.

Did a quicky job fabing up the rear mount for the seat , could still use some work but its functional !

We'll see what else I can get done tomorrow !
Mark

Great work! I know it may not be possible but if it is please try to get a shot of this and the blue Stingray together.
100_5950.jpg

Rachael
PLEASE.

Thanks guys, its been a struggle finding the time for this bike but I did sneak out to the shop for an hour this afternoon!
I pulled some scrap tubing out of the pile along with a pair of scooter wheels and some hardware , after some cutting, drilling and pounding this is the end result.

Sensor I was thinking about a pic with the Green Mamba !

Mark

This might be as done as this bike gets for now, added an extension to the shifter, painted and installed the wheelie bar and chain guard. Took it out for a good ride, I think it rides better than my other eliminator.

Wish I had more time for the build but its just a rider for the kids , I think it will do !:cool2::D
Mark

Nice resurrection from what you started with!
Just one suggestion, with everything above the frame being chrome, it might look good to paint the top half of the wheelie bars with the silver paint that you used on the shifter just to balance it out.

Latest posts

Back