(MBBO Class 1) Buzz Kill

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May not ever be an issue(and hope it never will be), just wanted you to be aware though.
She rode that thing every day for almost 5 years before that. But when it went, it went.

Back in my younger days we used a product called "Rust Mort" to kill the live rust but it was kinda spendy then, would be hard to coat inside of the tubes .
Hey wait , this is Rat Rod Bikes we like rust !:agree::21:
Mark
Rust Mort your the first person I have heared mention that in years I had a bottle of that up until about a year ago and used it all up on my rat truck good stuff you can still find similar products that do the samething just have to search for it It would be good for converting the rust inside the tubes It would be best to take a long stiff wire and run down tubes first to nock some of the scale and loose stuff out first maybe spin the wire with a drill if it is stiff enough.

I think there's a product called 'frame saver' that you pour in the frame anywhere you can to coat the inside of the tubes.
Obviously, I've never used it, but I seem to remember hearing someone talk about it......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly I have to say I have not touched this bike for a month and a half, nine cords of firewood got in the way
and took most of my spare time , energy and a chunk of gas money but Winter is upon me and wood my only source of heat...have to keep the little woman warm !
Hope to get back on it this week end !
Mark

Now that you have finished your wood pile,you can come over and do mine if you like? ;)
Still 2 mths left for the bike:dontmentionit::whistle:

Sure I'll come and get your wood in and it will only cost you 2 round trip tickets from California to Greece !:grin:
Mark
Bummer I was thinkin free bed+breakfast...:grin:

Not much of an update but at least some forward motion.
finally have a complete rear wheel , still cleaning up the cluster in the gas bath.

As much as I prefer a square edge slick , I only have a 20x1.75 in my tire pile ..just not wide enough for this build so i picked up this 2.4 Odyssey Hawk

all laced with new spokes, nipples and serviced hub.
Mark

Luke I'll love it if it clears the fenders and brakes without to much work and if the Grand kids wear it out before it weathers away, I don't see myself riding this bike more than a couple miles for testing purposes.
It also fit the budget as I got the tire, spokes, nipples, tube and rim strip for 25 bucks from my buddy at the local bike shop....less than cost I'm sure !
Mark

Luke I'll love it if it clears the fenders and brakes without to much work and if the Grand kids wear it out before it weathers away, I don't see myself riding this bike more than a couple miles for testing purposes.
It also fit the budget as I got the tire, spokes, nipples, tube and rim strip for 25 bucks from my buddy at the local bike shop....less than cost I'm sure !
Mark
Wow! I got my whitewall 2.4" ones on special for $35 each! You got a bargain!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back