MBBO#5 previews reviews and redos

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Two weeks to go and I'm anxious to build.
I'm building one and rebuilding another.
They'll most likely both be in Class 2.
entry one: Hot Rod Lincoln
DSC00951.JPG

entry two: the bike formerly known as CycleDelic
croppadelic.jpg

This one rides nice but I was disappointed with the red in the dip paint job turning pink and I hate the seat so I'm stripping it down and turning it inside out. Frame, sissy and bars are all that will remain...

Carl.

Looks like I might enter 2 bikes. One of my Tues morning coffee buds brought me his '69 Schwinn Sting Ray this morning. Wants to restore it so his future grandchildren can enjoy it.

It's in pretty good shape. Prob won't touch the frame, but to clean and linseed oil. The rear tire is a Schwinn, but it replaced his original slick. Will try to keep both tires, and wheels. Hope the red house paint comes off the rear....

The bars are original, but got backed into by a car. Will keep the grips, need banana seat, sissy bar, and handlebar.

20160816_123947.jpg
20160816_124006.jpg
20160816_124029.jpg
20160816_124045.jpg

The other bike will def be in Cat 2 as it is a 26" Rollfast frame. Big boy muscle bike, fat rear slick, 24" front wheel.....and....completely out of my realm....'shiny' and 'geared' :13::wondering::grin:

Class 2 :D
WingFactor

13900898_309873776020580_112817380_n.jpg

Last edited:
Sting-Ray. Class 1.

furyus

Class 1: '71 Aerobee.

Class 2: "Eat Me". You'll see it on day 1.
Nice. I need a good name for the bike formerly known as CycleDelic, something pure Muscle Bike. In the line of Screamer, Eliminator, Dragster, Racer, Chopper, Slingshot, Spyder, Judge, and of course Sting-Ray.

Carl.

Nice. I need a good name for the bike formerly known as CycleDelic, something pure Muscle Bike. In the line of Screamer, Eliminator, Dragster, Racer, Chopper, Slingshot, Spyder, Judge, and of course Sting-Ray.

Carl.
Rocketeer?

@GuitarlCarl ....fresh off your photo-genic BO-11 amplifier build, I'm thinking maybe an effects pedal name might work....Overdrive, Turbo boost, Distortion, Phaser, Equalizer, Tube Screamer, Heavy Metal, Blues Driver....and maybe my favorite: Boss.

@GuitarlCarl ....fresh off your photo-genic BO-11 amplifier build, I'm thinking maybe an effects pedal name might work....Overdrive, Turbo boost, Distortion, Phaser, Equalizer, Tube Screamer, Heavy Metal, Blues Driver....and maybe my favorite: Boss.
Thank you... Interstellar Overdrive.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Latest posts

Back