(MBBO #5 Class II) Four-gone Conclusion...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in case some of you were worried about my recent 'shiny syndrome'....I spent all day in The BACK40 and it's back yard making things rusty. New, old, build in the works. One of these rims was shiny at the beginning of the day....
View attachment 37538
And this seat is right up my alley...needs a custom fabric pad, leave the rest as is...
View attachment 37542
View attachment 37543

hmmmm...now What is that rust formula again?? or is it one of those I'd have to kill you kinda things?
images

T.U.Q. Totally Unrelated Question: I don't know if you were a fan or not..but you were a musician, me as well, played out and recorded since forever....BUT here's what I'm gettin at...did you ever go over to Chanhassen on one of those Saturday Night open performances at Paisley Park??? Just wonderin'

franco
images

hmmmm...now What is that rust formula again?? or is it one of those I'd have to kill you kinda things?
images

T.U.Q. Totally Unrelated Question: I don't know if you were a fan or not..but you were a musician, me as well, played out and recorded since forever....BUT here's what I'm gettin at...did you ever go over to Chanhassen on one of those Saturday Night open performances at Paisley Park??? Just wonderin'

franco
images
Never made it over to one of those. Worked close to where Prince grew up in the late '80s-early '90s. Appreciated his music, and his contributions, but never got to see him in person.

Never made it over to one of those. Worked close to where Prince grew up in the late '80s-early '90s. Appreciated his music, and his contributions, but never got to see him in person.
yeah...wow...I'm a huge Prince fan....he' was a monster.

so...nothin' on that rust, huh?
:happy:
F.

yeah...wow...I'm a huge Prince fan....he' was a monster.

so...nothin' on that rust, huh?
:happy:
F.
Hehe! I wasn't ignoring you...here is a video from my Beer Boy Delivery build in BO-10. Taking a shiny chrome wheel to full rust-ification mode. And a still shot of the rat-ified wheel up against a weather worn rusty woven wire fence around our garden.

IMG_20150530_101216.jpg

Hehe! I wasn't ignoring you...here is a video from my Beer Boy Delivery build in BO-10. Taking a shiny chrome wheel to full rust-ification mode. And a still shot of the rat-ified wheel up against a weather worn rusty woven wire fence around our garden.

View attachment 38996

OK..that works..very cool also saw another vid of yours where you 'weathered' some wood for a rack, and in a little spray bottle in background was a solution labeled 'rust maker' ...I know , you can't give it all away...:grin: I scrape and use a vinegar solution sometimes it sortof works, but the rustification is more light and uneven.

Anyway...I hear there's a build coming up...unfinished projects...and i got an idea for a project on an older Murray Monterey that I started a 'rat' project on about a year ago...and since then it's just sat in the wayback of the shed...already half rusty'......
Thanks OJ Love those rims.
:thumbsup:

That's the best combo man, a bike that has real rust on it, and if too much you can remove some and leave some natural patina. Then you can add the "surreal rust" as you wish to get the look you want.

The best part is making something that is brand new look old and vintage. That was the fun in the aged wood for the Beer Boy Delivery rack, and one of my favorite pieces, the "Cold Beer" arrow. Got it brand new from the August Schell brewery (they bottle Grain Belt beer now, a Minnesota original) souvenir shop online. Four colors of spray paint later, and my patent "into the wind" technique, and viola! An aged sign; not in 50 yrs, but 5 mins...
IMG_20150519_191223.jpg

IMG_20150521_202133.jpg

Latest posts

Back