(MBBO #5 Class I) One-owner '68 Sting-Ray..and the OddJob Award!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job OJ . I like the drive side photo on the final, the chain guard adds a lot to it for me. Love the bike!!
Yeah, that's the piece I was wondering about myself. Not sure exactly which way I will go at this point.

Awesome, I really love fender-less RAYS.

Inspired by our Fall colors, and the hot rod nature of our Muscle Bike Build Off; I present the OddJob Award for Hottest Hot Rod! Using my own scale for what's hot and what's not, I will award 4 lucky builders with this custom BACK40 designed license plate.
Suitable for hanging on your shop wall, or off the back of your 'naner seat!

20161017_130454.jpg

Great story and refurb. The bike really came out nicely.
Digging the trophy work too.

What do you do in The BACK40 when the morning temp is at freezing? Crank up the auxiliary propane heat. Nice and toasty now. And don't worry, the shed isn't 'air tight'...
20161020_102255.jpg

Time to check out the status of this old rear wheel...complete with original hub shiner....
20161020_103021.jpg

So I talked with Randy, the owner of the '68 Sting-Ray, in church yesterday. Turns out he has been tooling around his block on the 'new - old' bike. Kids are diggin' it, and asking him all kinds of questions.

He said he's storing it in the basement so no 'accidents' happen in the garage and ruin his new bike! His wife chimed in with, "Now we have to clean up the basement and make a display for the bike, because everything else looks like junk compared to it!"

Good to hear. Good to hear. :grin:

Latest posts

Back