(MBBO #5 Class 2) Ratty Red Rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
b667fa290f9c159601c7773ebf8f3249.jpg

This is my starting point. An AMF Sky Rider 24" boys bike. Fork is from a 26" AMF road bike of some sort. Original rear wheel and a 20" front wheel. Paint is scratched, faded, and missing in spots but that is how this one will stay. Still digging through my stash for parts. I lucked into this one in a 2 bike deal. I've been wanting a muscle bike for a while.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

My first RRB build was a skateboard seat and backrest. Looking forward to seeing that seat!

c02d3c984303591819e4d76503403a06.jpg

Got what will be my seat pan cut out. It is 21 inches long, 6 inches at the widest, 2 and a half at the nose, and 4 inches at the tail. Have some sanding and final shaping to do.

Now to figure out a sissy bar and find some foam and vinyl to cover the seat.

That seat shape is awesome and I like the seat post mount too, very cool thinking!
What are you thinking for the rear?

Luke.
Thanks. Ended up narrowing the rails at the back to move it forward more and it looks pretty nice. Not sure what to do for the sissy bar yet.
I can groove with the seat mount.

The shape of the skatepan reminds me of the vintage motorbike butterfly saddles.

:41:
That's interesting. Only thing I knew I wanted was the length then started laying out the shape with a marker and this is where I ended up.
That seat is cool! And with the natural camber of the skate board, should flex and provide a smoooth ride as well.
Sure is flexible. The plan is to pad it and upholster it. Should be pretty cushy.

Latest posts

Back