(MBBO#5 Class 2)Mean Mr Mustard...'70 Fastback....1x9 Conversion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This bike came along at the right time to have in the build off. Got this right here in the for sale section and did my thing with it.

Build thread here...http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index....ard-70-fastback-single-speed-complete.100458/

done16.jpg

index.php

1970 Schwinn coaster brake Sting Ray Fastback. GT Mini BMX Race wheels, Tektro R559 brakes with Dia Comp PC-800 mtb levers, Wolf tooth 22t rear sprocket KMC narrow Z chain (with stock 46t mag narrowed down with a surface grinder.) FSA Cartridge bearing headset.

Custom sissy suspension and seat cover were about the only craft projects on this one..I would love to spray this with some Ferrari yellow and polish those hoops but painting season is over here in OH...+I've had enough hoop polishing for the year...:)...lowering the chain guard was the only other mod I think..:39:

done13.jpg

done8.jpg

wolf.jpg

done14.jpg

done15.jpg

brake5.jpg

It's a quick, fun little bike. The super loud free hub makes every ride memorable too. Geared just right to get the jump on the kid and get coasting before he can pass. If I get my hand on my knee it's a bonus.:giggle:

ride.jpg

index.php

Thanks Fellas!! It's been a great time as usual.

Last edited:
Nice Fastback, Chad. Maybe it's been said before, but reminds me of a 1st gen Mustang or Camaro stuffed with modern goodies. Bet she's fun to ride.

furyus

Great stuff!
Another awesome Chad build!

Luke.
Super job : as always Chad.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you!!

Nice Fastback, Chad. Maybe it's been said before, but reminds me of a 1st gen Mustang or Camaro stuffed with modern goodies. Bet she's fun to ride.

furyus

That's exactly what makes these fun furyus. Would love to be able to build a car like that but don't have the resources. With a bicycle it's doable.

It is fun to ride and the gel pad on the banana makes her comfy. Took her out for a spin tonight.

done10.jpg

Nice looking Fastback, Chad. I think I've owned more yellow ones than all the other available colors.

Thank you!!

That's exactly what makes these fun furyus. Would love to be able to build a car like that but don't have the resources. With a bicycle it's doable.

It is fun to ride and the gel pad on the banana makes her comfy. Took her out for a spin tonight.

View attachment 39390

Empathize completely. Not enough time, not enough money, not enough space, and I'd probably muck it up. Even sold my motorcycle after having ridden for forty years and several hundred thousand miles - used up 8 of my nine lives and retired on top. Bicycles are a most excellent way to keep a wrench in your hand and the wind in your face. You build some nice bikes, Chad; I'm sure the slammed Road Runner you build for Junior someday will rock, too.

furyus

You know how much I like this build Chad. The references to classic muscle cars by @furyus is spot on. Simple, fast, no-nonsense. Fastback is the perfect name for this style of muscle bike! All your souped-up parts pick mixed in with original spec really give this the signature Chad T-remendous quality build! :41:

Beautiful build!!!

Latest posts

Back