Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm thinking about a change of frame and forks. kind of like to keep my ratty old Schwinn ratty I attached the frame and fork from another project of mine that my neighbor nick named 8 mile because of its length its been collecting dust for some time now. need to add handle bars and a seat and see if it is even rideable.View attachment 34332
I could def see you cruizin' the Western Canal on that baby! In fact, I'm looking forward to it!

I put handle bars and a seat on it today just to see how it rides. pedals hit the ground if I turn to hard I'm thinking a larger wheel and tire up front will solve the problem. The ride is better than I thought it does have about the same steering radius as my 24' box truck however. Now that I know it turns I can continue mockup . I haven't decided weather the bed will metal or fiberglass to save weight.
20160919_174724.jpg

Yep, I like the sealed bearing idea...
There are no bearings cause they are fixed to a live axle. Those are the bearing blocks connecting it to the trike housing.
Interesting set up.
It be very easy to modify any hubs to mount the same way... u just need to be able tack in an axel sleve to it. It dosent require bearings as the hub is not spinning.
I like this thanks for the post

Would flipping the forks around reduse or increase the trail? Curious for my own knowledge.
Flipping them would be better, but would put your bottom bracket lower as well.
Certainly worth trying, would look better too in my opinion. :113:

Luke.

Flipping them would be better, but would put your bottom bracket lower as well.
Certainly worth trying, would look better too in my opinion. :113:

Luke.
I was thinking as mutch... maybe redoing the mounts more dramatic like a 70s springer arm. Push the wheel out to get it up and over the trail more. Would also solve the bb getting dropped, could actually raise it at the same time.
Extra bonus.. even more radical wheelbase :)

I was thinking as mutch... maybe redoing the mounts more dramatic like a 70s springer arm. Push the wheel out to get it up and over the trail more. Would also solve the bb getting dropped, could actually raise it at the same time.
Extra bonus.. even more radical wheelbase :)
Like go up 2 inches on fork and out 3 and i think u can achive reasonable trail..
Plus look tough as nails.
YES! :rockout:

Luke.

mounting the rear axel under the frame to make the pedals clear could work ..and yes flipping the fork

Haven't had much time to work on the trike my daughter just moved back home taking away some of my bike space and been very busy getting peoples bikes including my families built and ready for Tour De Fat Tempe next weekend .To answer the questions about the ride height can't flip the fork makes it to low to ride I am going to weld some new dropouts on the forks and I'm moving the bottom bracket forward and up. I want to keep it as low as I can. Most definitely going with some 24x3.0 tires in back if I don't find some 36 spoke hubs. just got the exhaust stacks today and ordered some red nipples to replace the green ones.
20160924_181805.jpg

Haven't had much time to work on the trike my daughter just moved back home taking away some of my bike space and been very busy getting peoples bikes including my families built and ready for Tour De Fat Tempe next weekend .To answer the questions about the ride height can't flip the fork makes it to low to ride I am going to weld some new dropouts on the forks and I'm moving the bottom bracket forward and up. I want to keep it as low as I can. Most definitely going with some 24x3.0 tires in back if I don't find some 36 spoke hubs. just got the exhaust stacks today and ordered some red nipples to replace the green ones.
View attachment 34663
Man that's some nice exhaust.

Latest posts

Back