(MBBO#5 Class 1) 1971 AMF Aerobee. *DONE*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Atleast you'll have them, you wouldn't be happy otherwise.
You got that right! We all know Crash likes 'em perfect!

Just under 2 days to the deadline! :confused:

Time to start the chant: You can do it! You can do it! You can do it!...

Luke.

Finished up by the hair on my teeth. I was about 15 minutes late for work. lol

Here's a couple of pics.

The top of the console before... these pictures don't show the chrome very well. It was a mess but polished up really well with a lot of elbow grease.

pztme4.jpg

0xKjEX.jpg

Here's the guard all masked up after polishing. Unfortunately the 'Avenger' part didn't come out well at all. But luckily Bruce Crawford sent me a decal backup, so I cleaned off the Avenger paint and applied the decal. The "Aerobee" is stenciled as it should be, but I didn't have a decal to even them out. Regardless, it still looks good.

6z1SEK.jpg

That's all I took. I worked from 8am to 4:30pm to get this thing done, and I didn't take a lot of time to chronicle the restoration. My apologies.

Glad you got this one done. Miss all the detailed posts but it's still awesome to behold the finished product. You should do a build thread for this one sometime...:p.

Great job on the shifter +CG. That was a nice little taste of the old CRASH catalogings.

Seriously nice job tho. Love this bike.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Turned out really nice ! all these little details put in really makes it :113:
Chain guard decal is on the way. I really don't like the way the stencil came out. And I'm going to clear over the chain guard paint in a satin to make it pop out more.

The next owner will appreciate it all even more.

Latest posts

Back