(MBBO-5 c2)⚜Ride O'clock⚜((FOR SALE))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used VHT burnt copper on a frame once, I thought it looked good.
Ditto, the VHT burnt copper does a good vibrant coppertone.
FruitKrate II 1.jpg

The flipped color scheme of the third bike is nice, I'm seeing the black in a satin finish. Maybe a couple more stripes up the handlebars too. Black fist and wrench too.

Carl.

They all look good, but 3 has a slight edge over the others for me too.
Luke.
Thanks
Ditto, the VHT burnt copper does a good vibrant coppertone.View attachment 35243
The flipped color scheme of the third bike is nice, I'm seeing the black in a satin finish. Maybe a couple more stripes up the handlebars too. Black fist and wrench too.
Carl.
Thanks for the preview:)
yeah i think the more black the more the orange will look vibrant
wanted to leave the hand dark chrome , many small piece will remain chrome ,like bolts ,headset, hubs, spoke nipples

Can't lose with any one of them. Really like the rim stripes and matching piping on the seat. Nice detail.
thanks! can't wait to see the wheels roll with these stripes , should looks pretty cool:cool2:
Next build off the cad off... You both at sick/awsome for bring able to render so well.
Voodoo I say
Thanks man !
I use to participate in 3d challenges few years ago , really fun! , but not as fun building ideas in real-D :)

Decided to add one more layer of comfort
'a yoga mat' and perforated it to let air go though .
also found these hat shape thing at the store that i will use to replace the washer/sleeves thing that protect the leather form the mounting bolts.
DSCN6992_zpss7qpmxvk.jpg

and finally decided it was about time to finish the wheelie bars , going nuts drilling nuts to press pit nuts in side the nuts to then weld these nuts to the bars so i can screw the bars in the frame and screw the wheels to the bars:giggle::whew::thumbsup:
DSCN6988_zpsvvfpfacg.jpg
DSCN6990_zpsmqzcq24f.jpg
DSCN6993_zpsfx8advnn.jpg

DSCN6995_zps5qa7jyms.jpg

Yeeehaaa!:crazy:
i sat on it and the angle is right to make lowspeed wheelstands:nerd:
DSCN6999_zpseggxur01.jpg

Last edited:
Wheelie machine! With the width of the wheelie bars, you'll probably be able to stop and start again without setting it down.:nod:
that sound funn :)
it feels more like 1and a half wheels tho , the tubes are strong yet sprigny , makes for a soft landing and lean ability , but i doubt its good enought to hold me in balance

thats a new kick stand i made the other day
i welded a piece of a rod at 90* cause i need that 90* bend to make it work well in the cam/tube/support
DSCN7000_zps0xszut9s.jpg

and today while in fabrication mode ,
i modified the cam tube to have more degres of rotation,
made the stand as long as i could while keeping it parallel with the top tube,
then weld the cam tube on the bike to have the right parking angle ,

DSCN7001_zpsseqmirn7.jpg
DSCN7002_zpslsno2quq.jpg
DSCN7003_zpslywvxjw2.jpg

it was the most difficult part to setup of the whole build believe it or not .. had to plan the open and closed position, the angle of the kicking part at the end of it , the clearance of tire/crank/sprocket..

had to hold it with one hand while it was taped and hanging with steel wires and lay on the floor to try to see where i was welding ... yeah it was a pain! , but iam realy glad of the results:smug:

now i basicaly just need to upholster the seat, get a chain and i can try it out :D:dance2:

battleing with my mothers old sewing machine might be the most difficult part of the build tho :giggle::doh:

I trader an early goped in the mid 90s for a vw bus.. bombed it with murals and managed to disintegrate 1st gear trying do a burn out prolly.. being a VW that meant I no longer had reverse as well.
Pushing it in and out of parking spaces lost its appeal and traded it to some old hippy in Petaluma.
I definitely should have built one of those instead.

Today its so beautiful and hot outside i said to my self , It's ride'O'clock , got a chain and taped a peice of wood and foam on the frame as seat ,and triyed it :)

THIS THING IS FUNNNNN!!!!!
in the first 2min i was already popping 3 blocks wheelies :rockout::dance2::rockout::dance2::thumbsup:

i leaned ill have to use locktight on the wheeliebars cause one turned on its side after a dozen wheelies

maybe a quick release pin would look fresh and solve the wheelies moving....
i thought of a setscrew , but did not do cause it could crush the threads , and its integrated in the frame so i don't want to mess them up , i think lock tight will do the job fine

Latest posts

Back