(MBBO#4 Class 2) Air Force Too. Withdrawn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did you consider a longer banana seat.

That's what I was thinking too. They have 16" and 18" seats out there... plus up to 26" I think, but that would be way too long.

I did think about that and it would probably make a better riding position,so that's definitely an option.
I really like the polo seat,but the post is welded to a plate bolted to the seat (think occ stingray)

I could cut the post off and weld an angled post to the plate,but I don't know of a good and fast plating company.

I did think about that and it would probably make a better riding position,so that's definitely an option.
I really like the polo seat,but the post is welded to a plate bolted to the seat (think occ stingray)

I could cut the post off and weld an angled post to the plate,but I don't know of a good and fast plating company.

Those occ bananas, can cause great pain if not too careful about riding them. They can be bruisers... I can see why you'd want to change the angle.

Building... riding...

That's what I was thinking too. They have 16" and 18" seats out there... plus up to 26" I think, but that would be way too long.

I've got one of those 26 inchers I'm contemplating for my bike if I can recover it. They're kind of cool. Mounting points are about the same as a Person's seat though. I plan to re-drill mine farther back if I use it.

IMG_9061.61172208_std.jpg

We'll I think I may have gotten over zealous.
Started trying to switch all the ebike parts over to the dayton frame and found out the little magnetic disk that engages the motor is smaller than the american bottom bracket,which means I can't mount it.

Even with a bb converter there's no room to mount the other magnet. So I think this build will not be electric.
Biggest issue now is I have to figure out how to unwiden the rear stays. It's far to wide for the wheel that was on it now,I really don't want to damage the frame.
Two steps forward five steps back.

We'll I think I may have gotten over zealous.
Started trying to switch all the ebike parts over to the dayton frame and found out the little magnetic disk that engages the motor is smaller than the american bottom bracket,which means I can't mount it.

Even with a bb converter there's no room to mount the other magnet. So I think this build will not be electric.
Biggest issue now is I have to figure out how to unwiden the rear stays. It's far to wide for the wheel that was on it now,I really don't want to damage the frame.
Two steps forward five steps back.
Aw man! I'm not sure how far you widened the frame, could some kind of spacer be used to take up the extra room? On the plus side, it sounds like you could fit a much bigger tire in there....?...(searching for something positive here...:doh:)

I can only get one side of the axle in the drops far enough to thread the nut on. I thought I only widened it 3/10" guess I was wrong.
I'm gonna try to tighten two nuts down on a piece of all thread to squeeze it back together. Worse case scenario I guess I can try to find a 20" multi speed wheel,something with a cassette should fit.

Right now I'm just gonna step away and brain storm a bit.

Worse case scenario I guess I can try to find a 20" multi speed wheel,something with a cassette should fit.
Sounds like a good plan! :thumbsup: Multi speed 20" wheels are getting easier and easier to find too, those mini mountain bikes they sell now all have them...

Luke.

Sounds like a good plan! :thumbsup: Multi speed 20" wheels are getting easier and easier to find too, those mini mountain bikes they sell now all have them...

Luke.
That's what I was thinking,should be another yard sale or two before it gets cold here.

No going back now.
IMG_0001.JPG

I decided to go with the swing arm instead of a rigid frame, I still have some work to do before I start welding but this is where its at.

IMG_0002.JPG

This frame was hydro formed, so there is a weld bead the length of the top "tube" on both top and bottom. Thought I'd show it before it's gone.
IMG_0003.JPG

Not much of an update I know, but I'm making progress. baby steps I say, baby steps.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.JPG
    IMG_0001.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 212
Now you can cut the rear clip in half and make it as wide as you need...

Carl.

Now you can cut the rear clip in half and make it as wide as you need...

Carl.
I had it widened to fit the hub motor,but realized I can't use the bottom bracket I wanted. So I'll have to cut it off and use something else. That's what made me decide to use the swing arm.
Well that and I already decided this would be a class 2 build.

Latest posts

Back