(MBBO #4 Class 1) "Shelby Flyer Woody"..Holiday Greetings from OddJob..pg 10

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cool2:

What's next : plexiglass, fender skirts ?:39:
Interestingly enough @KJV , I had thought of / proposed that idea....hopefully by the end of the weekend the revelation of said ideas and opportunity for the community to voice their opinion will happen....:grin:
Waiting on the pony express atm...:doh:

Okay, so I've got the plexi-glass side windows mounted in the woody truck, er, frame. I used clear plastic mini-blind holders, screwed to the top edge of the woody side panel, and holes drilled through to accommodate the aluminum screw post / screw with the black nylon spacer in between the two plexi panels. Had one glass panel crack on me in the process. Used Goop contact adhesive on the edges of the break and it's good as new! :thumbsup:

Now, if those items I ordered on ebag would just show up we could get this show on the road...! As you can see from my pics, the colors are changing here in the northland. The sands of time are running out on any warm beach shots for the Finished Bikes thread! :eek: C'mon mailman!:headbang:

The mailman came through!! Yahooooo! This is what I have been waiting for the past couple of days to finish off the Shelby Flyer Woody. Those plexi-glass "windows" you've been seeing (or, seeing through as the case may be) the past week....were waiting for this to happen...

I spotted this on one of my woody wagon searches....and it had to happen!

So....it's only right that the SF Woody should have these....

Of course, I would trim the decals to fit and do some more design work with them. And I will "age" or patina the decals to look older like the bike......Your thoughts? Should I go with just the two side windows(pics 1 and 2), or the side and front windshield (3 and 4).

I want to wrap this up this weekend....HELP ME DECIDE! :doh:VOTE NOW! :bigboss:

I have to be honest OJ, I like the way you think. But this time it seems like a lot of unnecessary clutter. All though,maybe putting one matching sticker on each side of the tank panel could be cool. Would give the illusion of a floating sticker.
Anyway,that's just one opinion.

Thanks for weighing in guys! So far the sides are getting some votes...not so much the windshield. Kind of feeling that vibe too....
Of course, the option of losing the windshield and side windows is there too. Or Falstaff, you have a point with more minimalist decals on the side windows...

Let's here more from the crew! :)

As you know, I am not a fan of the windshield.
I like the tank glass, but maybe not as cluttered. I like Falstaf's idea.
You could always selectively use some of the other decals elsewhere on the wood pieces.
Build what makes you happy.

The more I look at this, the more I like it. Minimal decals on the side windows, three on the windshield, and call it good. I will attempt some kind of fatiguing / patina on the stickers, apply them and ....HEAD FOR THE FINISHED THREAD!

As you know, I am not a fan of the windshield.
I like the tank glass, but maybe not as cluttered. I like Falstaf's idea.
You could always selectively use some of the other decals elsewhere on the wood pieces.
Build what makes you happy.
Build what what makes you happy.... I think I've said something like that before.

Stickers lookin good OJ,glad you can see through the windshield. :113:

Latest posts

Back