(MBBO #4 Class 1) "Shelby Flyer Woody"..Holiday Greetings from OddJob..pg 10

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be ,blind:grin:
We're are the pics.:happy:
Um, middle of page 4....we're moving fast here in the north country...:giggle: Finished pics to follow tomorrow with the rack upgrade...I think you will like it!

Yes, you have more control when you are pulling it towards you, and the violin family repairs are often precise so control is vital. Here are a couple of pics, the first one is my "summer shop" in the gazebo in the back yard. The second is in the music /recording studio / winter repair room (former bedroom of eldest son). I have been doing this for 12 yrs. It's a great side-line job, and helps pay for the hobbies....like ratrodbikes....:grin:

That's awesome! Love the bowed instruments. I also play guitar. Mostly classical but I have some electrics I like to goof around with as well.

I learned the violin at age 9 through the Suzuki method. It involves learning music by rote; hearing the song and playing it over and over until you get all the intonation correct and the dynamics and bowing down pat. The best way to learn in my book, and is great "ear training" to be able to hear what is in your head, and then replicate that on the instrument. So it works well for vamping on bluegrass, jazz, or alternative parts on rock tunes. I played in orchestra from 4th grade through college. Still enjoy classical music, and play some of that for the wedding and event service I have worked with for the past 6 years.
I am absolutely tone deaf and couldn't read music to save myself (but used to blow a few tunes out through the digeridoo!) but appreciate the music through a violin. My partner studied from the age of 5 and played quite a bit (actually did a season with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra) until she moved to Australia and now she plays a little in duet while her daughter plays piano. We went to the MSO last week and she has the bug back again and may contact them to see if they have any spots!!

I am absolutely tone deaf and couldn't read music to save myself (but used to blow a few tunes out through the digeridoo!) but appreciate the music through a violin. My partner studied from the age of 5 and played quite a bit (actually did a season with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra) until she moved to Australia and now she plays a little in duet while her daughter plays piano. We went to the MSO last week and she has the bug back again and may contact them to see if they have any spots!!
Wow that's great! Those experiences playing at that level are not easily forgotten. I can see where she would be inspired to play again.

not to mention you are using one of my favorite bikes of all time for this build I am a huge fan of Shelby's especially the flyer so you also scored points form me there as well
heartlandcruisers, I will watch for you when the polls open...:bigsmile:

Latest posts

Back