(mbbo#4 class 1) "BIG RED"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, me too. I have found 22" wheels easy enough, but I need a whitewall tire to match the rear. I haven't found one yet..........

wow! been almost a week since my last update. got a couple of things done.

got my sissy bars where i want them, used galvanized extenders. still have to drill em.

picked out some new seat material.

and added an extention to my seat, i needed it to be back farther.:happy:

this build has to be on the cheap for me this time. think ive spent 20-30 bucks so far. next is getting it ridable, then tear down for paint.

Looking well balanced so far. Like the sissy bar extensions and the fork...tire sizes look good too! Well on your way!

did some work on my sissy bar. the half inch sleeve fit nicely over both ends of the 2 pieces of bars, but that left the threads bare...and they are sharp! so i put some springs from a long skateboard on there. fit good. they don't do anything, but they look pretty cool:21:

This one is looking good. Like what you did with the sissy. Lots of muscle bikes came with fake suspension. Sissy bar suspension is nice though.

I've been working on a way to put my seat back farther as well. I like how you did yours.

i just wasn't feeling the "western fire" vibe. frame and parts/ class, will all stay the same. just changing the theme...

stay tuned....................................

Poor poor Husker fan. Why hire a mediocre Pac12 coach to replace a good Big 10 coach?

Edit: Why not hire Scott Frost and get the right guy there?

Poor poor Husker fan. Why hire a mediocre Pac12 coach to replace a good Big 10 coach?

Edit: Why not hire Scott Frost and get the right guy there?
i dont really follow the huskers much, but alot of people here in omaha do..so i have a better chance at resale.:happy:

some progress today! painting the rims white, then i will apply a apple red pinstripe.

tedious tape job..but better than taking out all the spokes:D
pic of the grip combo i will use. white hunt-wilde with red tips.

and a shot of the fenders. these came off a womans schwinn ten-speed.

Looks like you had a nice day for painting! We had 55 degrees and sunny...with a wind. Paint would have dried in seconds....
Like the grips too!

Looks like you had a nice day for painting! We had 55 degrees and sunny...with a wind. Paint would have dried in seconds....
Like the grips too!
it was about 63 here today, party cloudy. paint did dry fast. hopefully same tomorrow so i can get the other rim done, and apply some decals.

Latest posts

Back