(mbbo#4 class 1) "BIG RED"

Jun 25, 2014
Springfield,MO.
Yeah, me too. I have found 22" wheels easy enough, but I need a whitewall tire to match the rear. I haven't found one yet..........

Reactions: bikedudeomaha
Sep 26, 2013
omaha, ne
wow! been almost a week since my last update. got a couple of things done.

got my sissy bars where i want them, used galvanized extenders. still have to drill em.

picked out some new seat material.

and added an extention to my seat, i needed it to be back farther.:happy:

this build has to be on the cheap for me this time. think ive spent 20-30 bucks so far. next is getting it ridable, then tear down for paint.

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Looking well balanced so far. Like the sissy bar extensions and the fork...tire sizes look good too! Well on your way!

Sep 26, 2013
omaha, ne
did some work on my sissy bar. the half inch sleeve fit nicely over both ends of the 2 pieces of bars, but that left the threads bare...and they are sharp! so i put some springs from a long skateboard on there. fit good. they don't do anything, but they look pretty cool:21:

Sep 7, 2014
Columbus OH
This one is looking good. Like what you did with the sissy. Lots of muscle bikes came with fake suspension. Sissy bar suspension is nice though.

I've been working on a way to put my seat back farther as well. I like how you did yours.

Sep 26, 2013
omaha, ne
i just wasn't feeling the "western fire" vibe. frame and parts/ class, will all stay the same. just changing the theme...

stay tuned....................................

Reactions: roadwarrior
Sep 26, 2013
omaha, ne
after 2 days of solid rain (6" plus inches ) it was finally dry enough to paint.

apple red for the frame.

white for the forks, chainguard and chainring.

got the wheelset and tires started also.

hope to have the nanner seat done sometime this weekend.

Jan 6, 2013
Spokane
Poor poor Husker fan. Why hire a mediocre Pac12 coach to replace a good Big 10 coach?

Edit: Why not hire Scott Frost and get the right guy there?

Sep 26, 2013
omaha, ne
Poor poor Husker fan. Why hire a mediocre Pac12 coach to replace a good Big 10 coach?

Edit: Why not hire Scott Frost and get the right guy there?
i dont really follow the huskers much, but alot of people here in omaha do..so i have a better chance at resale.:happy:

Reactions: OddJob
Sep 26, 2013
omaha, ne
some progress today! painting the rims white, then i will apply a apple red pinstripe.

tedious tape job..but better than taking out all the spokes:D
pic of the grip combo i will use. white hunt-wilde with red tips.

and a shot of the fenders. these came off a womans schwinn ten-speed.

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
Looks like you had a nice day for painting! We had 55 degrees and sunny...with a wind. Paint would have dried in seconds....
Like the grips too!