(mbbo#4 class 1) "BIG RED"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
found this frame 2 days ago. it was sitting with a bunch of free bikes, in the small town of Duncan, ne. the other 5 bikes where new junk huffys and next bikes. couldn't pass this one up. especially for free! I think its a late 70's frame. decals instead if paint. has the bma sticker. I had all the other parts. I also have a 24' front wheel if needed. going for a classic mb look. mabey some bolt on pipes. definitely will be some hand painted blue flames on this one. need to find the rest of my banana seat:doh:.
have fun all! this will be my first mbbo!

Looks like good bones for a muscle bike to me!

thx for the replies guys. I hope to make some progress this weekend. did find my banana seat...buried under a pile of rims in my garage. battling a stomach bug for the last 2 days:oops:.

feeling a little better today. but the heat index is 95 outside and even hotter in my garage:eek:. might have to soak my crown race for a day or so...completely rusted up. ill try to get some pics up tonite.

braved the heat, and decided to try and get the forks off of the frame. tried old school style, ran the van tire on top of the forks, succeeded in bending the fork top tube... guess its time for the sawzall!!

finally some progress! got the crown nut sawzalled off. and a first mock up done.
this is with the 24' in front and the 26' in back. used one of my long, exerciser bike seatposts. I still have 2 more of these..$15 shipped...if anyone needs one. or will trade for longer sissy bar.

my progress will be slow this time..juggling work, flea markets, sleep and high humidity!

so what do you do if you want a long sissy, but you only have 2 short ones? start cuttin'. a before and after clean-up of the crusty bars.

and one of the longer bars when I get done with them

and one of the bike with a 20' up front. I think I like the 24' better. what do you all think?

I do like the 24" front better. That is the problem that I have found, 24 is not enough difference and 20 is too much.

Latest posts

Back