(MBBO#4 Class 1) B4C Builds Breakdown Beatnik!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good by me!
As far as I am concerned they are guidelines to the idea and feel of a muscle bike:
Ape hangers, super duper long stems with mid bars, steering wheels are all good and equal!
Banana seats, solo polo's, skateboard seats etc. are all good and equal!

Looking forward to seeing this!

Luke.

Oooooooooooo! Skateboard seat....... [emoji298]️[emoji95][emoji362]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

260_zpsniqlgxyk.png

I dig it! This ride is made in the shade. No sweat on the color, it's my gig.

No progress for me for a couple days...getting ready for unwanted company! Go home already, Joaquin!

Stay dry everyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brett, I hope all is well where you are. I saw the flooding in SC on the news, not sure how it is in NC but been hoping all is ok. I need to call some old friends where I use to live.

Brett, I hope all is well where you are. I saw the flooding in SC on the news, not sure how it is in NC but been hoping all is ok. I need to call some old friends where I use to live.

Thanks Falstaff! All is good here...wet but no flooding! The coast is still getting wind and rain, but that's nothing they haven't had before. SC got hit hard! I have friends and family all over SC, and so far, all are good! The Upstate was spared at the expense of Columbia and east!

I have a quick family get-away toward the end of the week, but I'm planning on picking right back up next week! Stay tuned.....

Well, guys n dolls....I'm baaaack!!

Carved out some time this afternoon to work on Beatnik and my other build (Hooligan). I installed the headset and bottom bracket so I could make the three piece one bike and hang it from the rafters while its twin gets some attention.

7b7306e5903ba467cc3bae5b23ad1b18.jpg

(EDIT...Don't try this with your birth-twins!!! DSS frowns on that!!)

d07505a23222335cca2f3d4a32a40ada.jpg
1929bbc2bf6003b296f9bc94befb8718.jpg

Once "twin" gets its attention, Beatnik will have its turn on Gpa Earl's bench!

Last edited:
Yep, still kickin'...or am I being kicked ?!?! Job, honey-dos, and grands have occupied 23 of my 24 hours (seemingly only) since mid-October.

Got a little done on Hooligan tonight (pin striping), and I hope to have time during my holiday vacation to wrap up Hooligan and try to build on BB!!

Stay tuned for more "B4C's Pitty Party"!!!

Unfortunately, our Christmas travel plans were altered, so we didn't get to see the family we planned on seeing.

The silver lining is, I got to tinker on Beatnik. I needed to find a way to mount a steering wheel onto a steering stem. I dug to find this...

6df898cdbfc87e29e740d4f96eda0a3b.jpg

A little elbow action resulted in....

3f58f459bff593f74b0675ffbc361ff0.jpg

And then a little cleanup...

b0081d968cecddbc537dbef2842c3bb5.jpg

Found a large washer in my stash that fit just right. Cranked up the MIG...

9fa6396fa623630dc7f42b44f83b5146.jpg

be992985dceb837c286254c20f6bb9d3.jpg

Now I have to drill for the wheel mounting...that will be later this weekend!

Unfortunately, our Christmas travel plans were altered, so we didn't get to see the family we planned on seeing.

The silver lining is, I got to tinker on Beatnik. I needed to find a way to mount a steering wheel onto a steering stem. I dug to find this...

6df898cdbfc87e29e740d4f96eda0a3b.jpg

A little elbow action resulted in....

3f58f459bff593f74b0675ffbc361ff0.jpg

And then a little cleanup...

b0081d968cecddbc537dbef2842c3bb5.jpg

Found a large washer in my stash that fit just right. Cranked up the MIG...

9fa6396fa623630dc7f42b44f83b5146.jpg

be992985dceb837c286254c20f6bb9d3.jpg

Now I have to drill for the wheel mounting...that will be later this weekend!

Exactly the way I have been planning to do it on a future build!
Just one question, will it be up high enough, or will you need some sort of extension?

Luke.

Just one question, will it be up high enough, or will you need some sort of extension?

Luke.

My thought was to use the angle of the stem to the advantage, mount it backwards to get the wheel closer. But then it might get in the way.

Luke.

Thanks Luke! It MAY be a little low, but I'm hoping I can compensate with a lower seat height. Beatnik IS a show bike after all! [emoji5]

My thought was to use the angle of the stem to the advantage, mount it backwards to get the wheel closer. But then it might get in the way.

I thought about that, too, but I wanted to have the wheel turn on the centerline of the forks, not just "swing".

Latest posts

Back