(MBBO #4 Class 1) 1968 Huffy Rail Custom

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a bike that I picked up last year at a local swap. This was supposed to be a summer project that I never really got around to doing. I started a new job and it pretty much took up all of my spare time. I did a few modifications and started collecting some parts for it and that's as far as I got. My work schedule has lightened up a bit and I was able to find the last few parts that I need for this build at the Trexlertown swap. So here's my entry:

As found:
410909889.jpg

After some modifications:
410909888.jpg

My plans are to paint it candy blue metallic with a blue glitter seat.

I'm wondering what the original chrome front fender would look like floating up on the fork above the small front wheel....:39::nod:

Another nice bike in the mix that fork & small wheel give it a cool look ! Getter done [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good
This is the frame with the caps in the end of the top tubes, right?

Back from the powdercoaters:
411740609.jpg

411740610.jpg

I decided to go with powdercoat instead of paint on this bike because I plan to ride this bike on the local trail. The powdercoat is more durable than paint.
OOOOO! Nice!

Luke.

Back from the powdercoaters:
411740609.jpg

411740610.jpg

I decided to go with powdercoat instead of paint on this bike because I plan to ride this bike on the local trail. The powdercoat is more durable than paint.

Great color, glad to see more Rails

Great choice on the powder coat. Great color & way more durable than paint. Lookin good!

I got a soft spot for Huffys. The blue looks great! Is that a 26" Huffy fork?
No. It's a 24" fork taken off of an extra Thunder Road bike that I had laying around. The original fork that came on my Rail was bent. Plus I wanted to run a 16" wheel on the front. Slingshot forks are a little tough to come by so I just ended up using the Thunder Road fork instead.

Yes. I just pulled them out before I took the frame to the powdercoaters. I'm replacing them with nicer aluminum caps.
I know someone makes replacements, but can't seem to find any. I want to get a pair, or atleast one for a future project.

I was hoping for a drooling smily to express my feelings here, but this one will have to do: :inlove:

Luke.
+1 ! Luke, that reminds me of an old joke (revised) "How do you tell a level-headed Aussie? The drool runs out of both sides of his mouth..." :21:

Latest posts

Back