(MBBO #4 Class 1) 1968 Huffy Rail Custom

Fat Lip

Pro Member
May 1, 2011
This is a bike that I picked up last year at a local swap. This was supposed to be a summer project that I never really got around to doing. I started a new job and it pretty much took up all of my spare time. I did a few modifications and started collecting some parts for it and that's as far as I got. My work schedule has lightened up a bit and I was able to find the last few parts that I need for this build at the Trexlertown swap. So here's my entry:

As found:

After some modifications:

My plans are to paint it candy blue metallic with a blue glitter seat.

Mar 26, 2012
Maplewood, MN
I'm wondering what the original chrome front fender would look like floating up on the fork above the small front wheel....:39::nod:

Apr 14, 2015
Another nice bike in the mix that fork & small wheel give it a cool look ! Getter done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
Back from the powdercoaters:

I decided to go with powdercoat instead of paint on this bike because I plan to ride this bike on the local trail. The powdercoat is more durable than paint.
OOOOO! Nice!

Luke.

Reactions: KJV
Sep 19, 2012
Southern Ohio
Back from the powdercoaters:

I decided to go with powdercoat instead of paint on this bike because I plan to ride this bike on the local trail. The powdercoat is more durable than paint.
Great color, glad to see more Rails

Reactions: KJV
Jan 21, 2011
Benton, KS
Great choice on the powder coat. Great color & way more durable than paint. Lookin good!

Fat Lip

Pro Member
May 1, 2011
I got a soft spot for Huffys. The blue looks great! Is that a 26" Huffy fork?
No. It's a 24" fork taken off of an extra Thunder Road bike that I had laying around. The original fork that came on my Rail was bent. Plus I wanted to run a 16" wheel on the front. Slingshot forks are a little tough to come by so I just ended up using the Thunder Road fork instead.

Reactions: Roadie64