MBBO#3 and 2015 Winter BO.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you likely to join either (or both) Build-Off's?

• Total voters
...Will there be a separate area for the builds or just the regular Build Section?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Steve gave Luke the ok to host the competition with each of us getting a thread in our own forum. Just like the Big Build Off.

Carl.

I believe LukeTheJoker is in our time zone also, so it should be ok. I have my new rear tire also, 20 x 2.125, but I'm still looking for something bigger.
2m3p946.jpg

Just drop me a line, I can hook you up. I got a 20" x 3" slick for my rear :)

This is gonna be a blast!

Will there be a separate area for the builds or just the regular Build Section?

Cheers,
Dr. T
Yes, Rat Rod will give us a thread group in the competitions section in the coming days! :dance2:

so this is the bike I will be using
not sure of the year etc. but it is a Murray wildcat 3 and I am planning to change the forks, rims tires etc. and throw a little paint on it!!

Troy
Cool bike Jats!

Luke.

Finally locked down my plans just an hour ago!
Bought and picked up rims and tires, so I better use them or my wife will kill me! :whistle:

26/16 Off-Road MuscleBike! Quite probably a girls bike at that! :13:

Probably going to have a go at a skateboard based banana seat for the first time too, I would buy an Ichi, but they don't freight to Australia, and if they did it would probably cost too much... :cry:

Anyone else going to have a go at building their own banana seat?

Luke.

Finally locked down my plans just an hour ago!
Bought and picked up rims and tires, so I better use them or my wife will kill me! :whistle:

26/16 Off-Road MuscleBike! Quite probably a girls bike at that! :13:

Probably going to have a go at a skateboard based banana seat for the first time too, I would buy an Ichi, but they don't freight to Australia, and if they did it would probably cost too much... :cry:

Anyone else going to have a go at building their own banana seat?

Luke.
That's what I'm planning to do for the banana seat for my 59. All the ones I'm finding are too small to fit how I want

Awesome!

Luke.
Not really its going to take a bit of work as I no longer own any saws plus I am having issues finding a deck to use without spending too much on something I may mess up cutting.
I miss the days when I could find skate boards for free all the time.

I just bought one of my childhood bikes. Sears Spyder 500 10 speed. It is thrashed but I should be able to salvage most of it. So I am in. I will probably be going resto mod. Mostly stock but maybe build a cool fork for it.
Awesome!

Luke.

I just bought one of my childhood bikes. Sears Spyder 500 10 speed. It is thrashed but I should be able to salvage most of it. So I am in. I will probably be going resto mod. Mostly stock but maybe build a cool fork for it.
Dude my bike as a youth too! Does it have the butterfly handlebars? I know there were a few versions of the Spyder 500. I had the yellow into blue fade too.
Show a pic! Show a pic!

Carl.

Does it look like this one?

Last edited:
Just wanted to clarify the time zone used in these build-off's is the same as used for the main build-off each year.

CST USA Time. = UTC - 6 hours.

So you can start building for the MBBO at 12:01 am Monday the 1st of September CST time, and final pics must be up by 11:59 pm on the 1st of January 2015 CST.

If you do not live in the region of CST timing, use the "UTC-6 hours" to work out what the times will be where you are.

Alternatively, just click this link, and it will tell you the current time and date in CST:
https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=cst time

Luke.

Now I'm confused lol I'm CDT but it is apparently the same as CST.
Make it easy I guess
CDT is central daylight time, same region as CST but daylight savings in effect...

Luke.

Latest posts

Back