MBBO#07 is happening! OCT 1st 2018 to Feb 1st 2019.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
MBBO#7 2018-19:

4 months this time, October 1st 2018 to Feb 1st 2019.

Same rules as last year as they worked well:

Class 1: Only for rebuilt and refurbished original muscle bikes or accurate reproductions of an original muscle bike in their original sizes. Period correct accessories are encouraged.

Class 2: 2 out 3 rule: Must meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria to be considered a Muscle Bike:

1: Rear tire larger than the front. (Wider or taller or both.)
2: Banana seat.
3: Muscle bike appropriate bars. (Ape hangers, steering wheels...)

You can of course have all three.

Usual guidelines will apply, for all of them you can check last year:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...d-guidelines-sept-1st-to-dec-1st-2017.104506/

Proper rule thread like that one with countdown clocks will go up as we get closer

No official Winter Build-Off this year, members are still able to run their own WBO if they desire using the guidelines here:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-this-works.23034/

Will the two classes be combined in the voting thread?

Carl.

Will the two classes be combined in the voting thread?

Carl.
Provided we get at least 5 finishers in each class I am fine doing separate voting, If one class has less than 5, it could get a bit personal for the builders, so they might be better in a combined vote.

Time for a pulse check.....any Muscle heads out there~!??!

Indyjps is checking his cache. Guitarl Carl is piling his parts. OddJob is ogling his options. Luke is licking his chops.

HOW BOUT YOU? Guys? Gal?
"It's the 12th day before the MBBO, and my true love gave to me, an idea for a muscle bike build!"

Yep I'm in with two builds.
James Dean, a 53' Lincoln :cool:
in black and chrome, and
Muscle Spasm, a fat tire burrito,
:eek: turning the virtual into reality.
I'm so glad there's only 3 rules,
it makes it easier to bend them!

Carl.o_O

Time for a pulse check.....any Muscle heads out there~!??!

Indyjps is checking his cache. Guitarl Carl is piling his parts. OddJob is ogling his options. Luke is licking his chops.

HOW BOUT YOU? Guys? Gal?
"It's the 12th day before the MBBO, and my true love gave to me, an idea for a muscle bike build!"

I got little Rapido bike a while back to cut up so I could modify the Retroped frame, but I just couldn't do it. :shake:

So now it'll be done for my great-great-neice for her 6th birthday, which is at the end of November, so my deadline is long before everyone elses :doh:

I've been searching for/ordering parts for it online and hoping the bits get here soon... :nod:

Glen.

It's been a LOOOONNGGG 2 months since the end of BO #13. I'm chomping at the bit to build something muscly !

Can we put out a note on the facebook page for Rat Rod Bikes, @LukeTheJoker ? Seems there is more widespread daily viewing on that page than here on the website.

MBBO rides again! RaT oN~!

It's been a LOOOONNGGG 2 months since the end of BO #13. I'm chomping at the bit to build something muscly !

Well... it's the 1st of October here in New Zealand already. But of course, I'll have to continue waiting until the rest of you catch up :whistle:

But yeah... a long 2 months alright. Luckily I filled my time with planning and ordering some more parts which have not yet arrived... hope they do soon. :39:

Glen.

I'm in again this year, mostly just to keep myself motivated to actually work on it instead of just letting it rot away in the backyard. The last two years I've entered two bike in Class 1 but this year I'm just doing one bike in Class 2. No before photos yet but it's a '64 Schwinn American...........you'll have to use your imagination. I'm also in the process of refurbishing a '68 Rail but as I said, I'm already in the process so I can't enter it.

What she said ^. Where do we find the MBBO #7 thread, @LukeTheJoker ? Just did a search in Forums, no luck. Or I should say, no Lucky #7....! :bigsmile:

Forum area is up now!
Found it...
Good idea on the break between the main build to now,and the 4mth period.
Was twiddling my thumbs till now.

Found it...
Good idea on the break between the main build to now,and the 4mth period.
Was twiddling my thumbs till now.
Hopefully everyone feels the same!
I know it has recharged me, and got me a bit more excited to build...

Well crap, now I'm thinking about all of these parts laying around after the last BO...

..and the '41 DX frame/fork I scored last month...

..and the Jerald slick(s) that arrived a couple of weeks ago.

Latest posts

Back