(MBBO#05 Class1) 68 Vista Torino 500 (Everything is finished and as it should be!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the finished headbadge.
814b02dcb2a621f6f0e7938211383a89.jpg

I only had this photo to go from. It's from an all original 68.
f8155da85aef9c3433be349b3abd3ac9.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you painted it, did you first spray the aluminum with etching primer? If not, that might explain why the paint didn't stick.
Sure did. I was in the aircraft business for a while. Had to use etching primer on the aluminum fuselage. Didn't work on this though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished product looks awesome!
What did you use for the letters in the end?

Luke.
I ended up finding the correct size letters at Michaels. Shame I had to buy a pack of multiple size letters and numbers just to get 5 letters out of it.
f731a987bec46368dd2fa7fcfebbe8aa.jpg

I think the bike is really looking like the 68 catalog photo. Can't wait to get some decals and call this finished.
9ccbeefc9fb0c3ad5d6e0197fd627610.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That one was a Torino 300. $125
I give it a thought.. don't have any room for more toys, besides, not hauling a bike in View attachment 35067
Very nice 61! My wife would like the same color combo on a 60, her birth year. Do you know the vendor that had the bike? Maybe there is a web site to track them down by photos?

Very nice 61! My wife would like the same color combo on a 60, her birth year. Do you know the vendor that had the bike? Maybe there is a web site to track them down by photos?

The guy only, had a few items, I can check on it tomorow...if bike still there,
.will see about, getting contact info.

...I'm running out of ideas
Bruce Crawford. He recreated a Huffy headbadge for a 24" bike for me. I sent him a messed up original and he copied it exactly. He can do the same with an original size badge and picture of what it should look like. Doesn't take him long at all. You pay for his time to make it, then the badge itself. Who knows, maybe he's already made one!

Latest posts

Back