Discussion in 'MBBO 2016 BIKES' started by roadwarrior, Oct 8, 2016.
That Jerald looks awesome on the back of that thing!
Enjoying watching where this one is going. It's already one of my favorites for this style frame! Keep going!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So, the bottom brake issue figured out. Modified the caliper. Normally use the supplied dished spacer. Eliminate the spacer and use a Dremel to dish the caliper
mount. Perfectly centered now.
I did a little bit of cleaning before I headed off to work today. The shifter housing was a bit crusty looking. Goo-Gone took care of the 49 year old decal residue and Autosol metal polish cleaned up the chrome. It still has some scuffs but looks a lot better.
Wow! that came up nice!
Those of you that are using this type of shifter I should point out something on the bottom of the housing. You may or may not know that the two divots on this cross section are used to secure the two brake cables for the rear double calipers.
This is looking good. Love the Jerald slick!
There are a couple of different things going on with this picture.
1. The shifter rods are bent and the handles broken. The fix for the broken handles is a pair of foosballs.
2. Top and base coat colors. The purple looks better than the picture can show.
Here are my choice of seats. I think I'll wait until the frame is painted to make a decision on that.
I straightened out the bent rods and drilled out the foosballs. Looks better than the "T" handles.
Last picture of shifter before it goes on the bike. I think it looks way cool with one red knob.
Last weekend I tore down the bike and chemically stripped the paint off. Today I hand sanded the frame and fork down to bare metal and cleaned the frame with Xylene. I'm hoping the weather stays nice tomorrow so I can get some color on it. Where are we at... 33 days to go?
Good idea with the foosballs. Looks good!
Frame looks good!
Yes, we just passed the 33 to go mark!
So, I woke up and checked the weather. 72*, humidity 64% just a bit over optimum conditions but since I'm painting in direct sun it should help. Wiped down the frame and fork with Acetone and got it done.
Purple on and in the house to cure.
Look like you did a great job on the fades!!!!! Looks like you managed keep the transition tones bright!! Can be difficult not have them just turn to dark mud between colors... Awsome
Awesome paint! Makes me wish I'd done a two-tone fade...oh well...there's always next year.
Wow ! Beautiful ! i know how hard it is to do shades with metalcast, especially on round tubes , you nailed it
I finally decided on the name, My Generation. I also couldn't resist throwing on some parts. I'm building this off the stand because I don't want to mess up the paint. I also decided to go with the purple seat. It is a close match to the color on the bike.
Love the new name. Paint is looking cool.
Separate names with a comma.