(MBBO #05 Class II) Gasser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With all the things going on, I've done very little with the bike. School starts tomorrow, but game 7 of the Series is on at 8am here. Playing hookey on the first day, nothing gets done on the first day anyway.
Then getting ready for a possible move to Hawaii, lots to do and coordinate.
But I did epoxy the panels in, although they fit tight without anything. A little smoothing and sanding and it's ready for paint. Maybe not have flames, just decals.
Also got the band brake and cog on the rear wheel.
DSCI0026.JPG

bandbrake.JPG

Last edited:
With all the things going on, I've done very little with the bike. School starts tomorrow, but game 7 of the Series is on at 8am here. Playing hookey on the first day, nothing gets done on the first day anyway.
Then getting ready for a possible move to Hawaii, lots to do and coordinate.
But I did epoxy the panels in, although they fit tight without anything. A little smoothing and sanding and it's ready for paint. Maybe not have flames, just decals.
Also got the band brake and cog on the rear wheel.
View attachment 37173
View attachment 37175
Shiny gassers are cool... But I prefer ones where all money goes into the drive line, that's why we're so many odd ball bodied gassers, they wanted short wheelbase and dirt cheap...
Glad see you had some time to work on it with everything else you're getting done

First, I get invited on a sailing regatta recently and wind up as crew on the winning yacht! Then I somehow land on the dean's list at college! And now, on my birthday today, my team is playing in the World Series. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, my bike is on the RRB highlight thread! Can't do any better than that!

Maybe drive a gasser down the quarter mile, that might be better!

Did your team win?
Just curious, mine did.:grin:

Bike's lookin' good, dig the decals.

And happy birthday :banana::banana:

First, I get invited on a sailing regatta recently and wind up as crew on the winning yacht! Then I somehow land on the dean's list at college! And now, on my birthday today, my team is playing in the World Series. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, my bike is on the RRB highlight thread! Can't do any better than that!

Maybe drive a gasser down the quarter mile, that might be better!

Happy birthday wildcat!!! Really enjoy your posts... Have a great year.

It went right down to the wire, a great series.

I wasn't supposed to spend another penny, but I had no stem that would work, so I picked up a cheap 100 peso one over the good high priced 350 peso GT stem (had to be a knockoff). 100 pesos is about 2 dollars. And the red matches.
But nowhere can I find the lockwasher for the spindle, so I will attempt to make one. After I put everything else together.

DSCI0005.JPG

I like the long extensions on the handlebars....looks like they are pulling the bike back and up; which is how the front end of a gasser should be! Also really like the stickers and tire combo. You really transformed this from it's previous life!

Latest posts

Back