(MBBO #05 Class II) Gasser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a muscle bike at the very beginning, so it's a great beginning :)
I had to watch it 2 more times to catch it! You're more observant than I am. At the rear of the green Chevy, looks like a Stingray with a tall sissy bar.

I've decide decided on color, Orange with orange and yellow flames and some extras.
hotrod2.jpg

IHRA.jpg

Hurst-70s-decal.jpg

Edelbrock-logo-RGB.jpg
assets_theme_holley_logo.png
National_Hot_Rod_Association_Logo.svg.png
RIFF-RAFF-LOGO.jpg

Last edited:
Any extension I made up for the fork would probably not cut it, so I looked around and took the 26" fork off an 24" old Ventura and changed them out. The lockwasher didn't fit, but I can get an identical fork new for less than 10 bucks. I wanted to add a little more height to the front and I think it's just right. I'm thinking of using a new shiny set of apes even though they aren't as high as the rusty ones, and also rethinking the rusty tall sissy bar. Silver paint doesn't stand up to real chrome.

DSCI0001 - Copy.JPG
DSCI0003.JPG
DSCI0004.JPG

What do you think shipping from St Paul, MN to you would be? I have an original Troxel loaf bmx seat that I could send you....

The shipping cost wouldn't be that bad, the extra fee they would charge me to get the package once it is here would be a couple hundred dollars. I sent my niece a textbook over here, paid the 45 bucks postage and everything, but they held it until she coughed up $150! And she's a citizen here.
So, shipping is out of the question. I have a privilege because I'm retired military to use an FPO address through an organization here that bypasses the mail system, but I am restricted to one pound on envelopes and packages.
One of the old bike shops here had a bunch of old loaf seats a few years ago, I just need to check them all again because I can't remember which one.

The shipping cost wouldn't be that bad, the extra fee they would charge me to get the package once it is here would be a couple hundred dollars. I sent my niece a textbook over here, paid the 45 bucks postage and everything, but they held it until she coughed up $150! And she's a citizen here.
So, shipping is out of the question. I have a privilege because I'm retired military to use an FPO address through an organization here that bypasses the mail system, but I am restricted to one pound on envelopes and packages.
One of the old bike shops here had a bunch of old loaf seats a few years ago, I just need to check them all again because I can't remember which one.
Ouch! I guess paradise has it's price....

Ouch! I guess paradise has it's price....
Most things are a good deal here, that's how I have any bike building cash on retirement earnings. The few things that aren't right I avoid if I can. Just like most places. So far, so good.
There is a lot of people here pushing for bike rights, lanes, and trails, always a good thing.
biking-at-nuvali.jpg

Front fork works well. Bike looks tough.

furyus

I was looking around to see if "Gasser" had been used on a bike before, looks like Murray beat me to it years ago: This is the original paint and everything on this bike!
From a March 2015 thread right here on RRB:
DSCF00023.jpg

I've seen a lot of pics of gassers with whitewalls, so when I saw one at the bike shop I grabbed it for the front. Then I asked about a loaf seat and they knew what I was talking about! This seat has a racing theme and has 3 inches of padding, that's what counts. The sissy bar probably won't fit so I'll have to make something. It's red so I may paint the bike red instead of orange and add some orange flames with the yellow. I'm sending someone to the banner shop (where they make prints on vinyl) to see if I can get the hot rod symbols made up.
Wildcat.jpg

DSCI0027.JPG

That seat is awesome!
I asked about a loaf seat and they knew what I was talking about!
No one here knows what a loaf seat is...

Luke.

The wheels need a little more cleanup. I'll have to find out how to make a strong enough set of supports for the seat. Also got a 16 tooth freewheel on but the band brake is still a couple weeks away.
DSCI0030.JPG

DSCI0028.JPG

Tire set looks good!
A small triangle piece of steel that connects to both those holes on the sissy bar and to the hole on the seat would be fairly easy and plenty strong?

Luke.

Tire set looks good!
A small triangle piece of steel that connects to both those holes on the sissy bar and to the hole on the seat would be fairly easy and plenty strong?

Luke.
The sissy bar fit on there with a little pursuading. Now the frame work begins.
DSCI0032.JPG

Latest posts

Back