(MBBO#05 Class II) 53' Lincoln Rug Burn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bling-a-ling...
487cb438e697a3f1452978f178ac0bab.jpg

Carl.
Carl, what the h-e-double toothpicks is that bloody looking glob with the feathers coming out of it below the chain guard?!? :13::21:

Carl, what the h-e-double toothpicks is that bloody looking glob with the feathers coming out of it below the chain guard?!? :13::21:
Oh, you didn't know about our world earth z build off?
It's in the build challenges section.

Yeah... I built a wicked bike called Zombies Dream. It has a B-Movie build over in the Builds forum too.

ZD4.jpg

Carl.

759bfb7f6413a961606ddb3b6cd2831e.jpg

Ever seen one of these Lincoln's tore
down for paint? Use your imagination... Ain't much to see... Haha, I'm chasing ya Luke!

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...
:thumbsup: U can do eeeiiiiiittttttt!

Luke.

Spent an hour or so talking to a knowledgeable man at the local auto paint store today. Airguns, compressors and paint (pearl and flake) were the topic. As a hobbiest, on bikes and guitars, I want to be able to paint that thick speedboat flake. Well I don't think this bike is gonna get it...yet. There is a small investment on equipment that I'm not ready for yet. So when I got back I laid on a final coat of primer in prep for paint. We'll see what color happens after a trip to the store...
7ff573c47d55bd151ae7ebeb2c547334.jpg
can't quite see the forest for the trees but notice I do have the Colson under a drop cloth....

Carl.

Looking forward to seeing what color it ends up!

Luke.
Well let's see...
Purple? No, Luke's got that...
Orange? No, TRM has that...
Anybody doing lime yet?
Maybe a yellow to lime fade since I chickened out on the flake. I gotta get movin' though, that's for sure.

Carl.

Well let's see...
Anybody doing lime yet?
Maybe a yellow to lime fade since I chickened out on the flake. I gotta get movin' though, that's for sure.

Carl.

Blue to lime works also ;-)

Hopefully its warm enuff to paint?

Blue to lime works also ;-)

Hopefully its warm enuff to paint?
Hmm, blue you say...but I have the yellow :arghh:
I'll paint it indoors like years past, just no dip. o_O
I usually bring the frame in a day ahead to let it warm up and I preheat my rattlecans under hot water anyway, so it should be fine...

Carl.

Hmm, blue you say...but I have the yellow :arghh:
I'll paint it indoors like years past, just no dip. o_O
I usually bring the frame in a day ahead to let it warm up and I preheat my rattlecans under hot water anyway, so it should be fine...

Carl.
Heje, I was looking for either yellow or blue, and I have neither on the shelf today. Was wanting one or the other for a part..

Cool you can paint it inside. Allergies and ventilation keep me from doing so. Ventilate well if rattlecan has the bad poisons... I know some are worse than others..

Heje, I was looking for either yellow or blue, and I have neither on the shelf today. Was wanting one or the other for a part..

Cool you can paint it inside. Allergies and ventilation keep me from doing so. Ventilate well if rattlecan has the bad poisons... I know some are worse than others..
yep, the room I use is able to be vented out with a good fan... I was digging thru the MBBO thread and I see @CRASH has a golden green one on the way and @KJV has the Funky Green on his. So I think if I can get a "Lime" enough green I'll be different from everybody else's builds.

Carl. ;)

Lime sounds cool....Key lime....
Hey Carl, do you ever try to heat up a rattle can after it's been sitting for a long time (like, most of the winter) stored indoors? Just to loosen up the paint a bit? I wonder if your technique would work to revive older cans of spray paint.

Well let's see...
Anybody doing lime yet?

Carl.

I'm sure that every color has been used on someone else's bike at some point (past and present). @OneHorsePower and I will have pretty much the exact same scheme for this one.

After the voting is over and gone, you will still have the bike. So I say paint it what ever color that you like. Even another orange and black bike is fine with me!

what ever you like , does not matter if someone else have the same color ... if you really want to be different you could always use Neon yellow/green , thats what i was going for before i see that gorgeous metalic orange ;)
a other one we don't see that frequently is that chevy turqoise/mint color

Last edited:
Ok so its a creamy Dutchboy yellow to a Testors lime ice fade...
f308dc697486303a02c60ae114233f5d.jpg

I rushed it...
Got a couple small runs and a bit of peel, but nothing I can't scrape off and redo. I like it.

Carl.

Lime sounds cool....Key lime....
Hey Carl, do you ever try to heat up a rattle can after it's been sitting for a long time (like, most of the winter) stored indoors? Just to loosen up the paint a bit? I wonder if your technique would work to revive older cans of spray paint.
The yellow I used was an old can of Dutchboy that's seen two winters on the shelf after being used for some lettering... Warmed it up, SHOOK it up and psst... No problems. But as usual YRMV.
15e9b354cf31daddfb0782511ab8e96b.jpg

Carl.

So, I already gave your 'potion' a try this afternoon Carl. My wife had some Christmas decor she wanted painted. We have had 4 days of freezing or below weather up here. My stash of paint was still out in the BACK40, unheated.

Brought in the cans, ran hot water around the two I was to use, went out to the paint stump, shook em good and ..."pssst". No problems!
MRDNV

...and, I like your key lime; with the meringue..

Latest posts

Back