(MBBO#05 Class 2) Scat Pack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, the "Little Dude" and I are giving it another "go". Last year's "Longshot 5" was an absolute hoot to build. We received a lot of great comments from members of this site and actually took 2nd place. The cherry on top was the article and cover it made on Kustomized Bicycles magazine. More importantly was the bonding time between my then 6-year old son and I.

So, here we go again and hope we finish. I'm 52 and have been playing with and earning my living playing with cars. I come from a long line of mopar influence and my son is bearing the burden of his dad (me) still owning his 1st car (and others), a '70 'cuda. He wanted to build a themed "mopar" bike. We're going to give it a whirl.

I will alert my two mopar friends that are members on this site. They will dig this! Can't wait for the visuals!

Congrats on making the cover of that magazine. Lets see some of those Mopars!

No pics, but I'm still subscribed.
Me too. Don't want to miss anything on this one.

Three, but you didn't know.

I'm "almost" a Mopar guy. My 1986 GLHS was not quite a Mopar. My dad worked for Chrysler though and was always the family brand while I was growing up.

Well, I'm struggling with posting the photos. Forgive me sire as I have forgotten how......

Last edited:
Well, I'm struggling with posting the photos. Forgive me sire as I have forgotten how......
The best way I have found is to either just upload from your phone (if that is your camera) by clicking the 'Upload a File' tab that appears next to 'Post Reply' below every comment box. The go to your photo gallery, or camera function on your phone, and click on the pic that you want. Once it uploads to RRB click on 'full image' and it will load to your comment / post. If you have your pics stored on your desktop or laptop computer, upload from your picture file using the same procedure.

I don't remember how I did it on a pc, but with my phone tapatalk makes it easy.

I don't remember how I did it on a pc, but with my phone tapatalk makes it easy.

Okay, here's some progress. I've got more pics of the beginning stages of the build but, they're on another computer and that's the PC I'm having resizing the pics from. So, we'll just start here in the middle. LOL

20 X 3.00 rear (well, not quite but that's what it says on the tire) and a 20 x 1-3/8 on the front. Sturmey Archer internal 5-speed w/drum brake on the rear and a disc on the front. We had a helluva time getting the rear tire to fit but, with a little persuading of the stays and modification to the drop-outs IT FITS! Tire has to be deflated to get the wheel on the bike but, "hey"....IT FITS....that's all that matters. It's sweet!
DSC_0051.JPG

Latest posts

Back