(MBBO#05 CLASS 2) - Sassy - Finished - Round 2.5, riding strong!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All awsome but I like 2, looks like a serious Rider with style!!!!
Also I plastidip is awsome on compression springs.. also helps hide corrosion wear..
expansion ones not so hot...
I dropped it into a cup of xylene and cleaned it off, hit it with some green rouge and turtlewax on the raw insides. Wont rust up fir a few months and i get the shiny outer coating.

MC, that short spring with the upright stance really nails it for me. The long look is more radical, but doesn't look as 'put together', if you know what I mean?

I think your front end modification really bumped this build up a notch or two!
I know you are right, my friend paul said the same thing. "When you are doing 35mph on the trail towards lake mead, which stance would you rather have... " this is a riding 10 speed, that stiffened springer shoud do it well. I just like the sexy aspects of the long nose... and I can always switch it later and put magnesium/flint strikes on the pedals for downtown...

Still not leaving well enuff alone, wanted to tuck the seat post under the seat. But the nose of the seat curved down too much.

Took a large crescent wrench and a paper towell, and cranked on the nose to flatten its curve just enuff to get that cool seat bolt thru.

Now i think i want to cut another set of holes off the sissy...

That ought to 'keep your nose clean'....as my dad used to say.

Slammed nose on layback post is the bomb. What's the covering on that yellow banana? Looks nice and cushy.....
(here we are, the bag and shoes guys comparing fabrics again :bigsmile:)

That ought to 'keep your nose clean'....as my dad used to say.

Slammed nose on layback post is the bomb. What's the covering on that yellow banana? Looks nice and cushy.....
(here we are, the bag and shoes guys comparing fabrics again :bigsmile:)
The fabric is some faux suede fabric i got from Joanne's. I think it was meant for wall coverings.

I want sure which seat on InViolet, this was one of three. I used an old couch cushion.

It is only high density foam in that i squished it all into the seat.

I sewed a loop around the fabric in order to add a draw string, which i cinched down and pressed in the tabs.

Waterproofed with camp.dry, spray on waterproofing. Took about 3 weeks to quit stinking...

Has been on a couple mockups.

Final home on this build.

Well, the axle never came. This morning I started exploring options and had none. So started looking for something to build a 15mm axle.

Found some 5/8 all thread, which was close, so i took the grinding wheel and ground down the threads a bit until it fit thru the wheel. Then coated the inner part with quick set jb weld.

Sanded it down after an hour or so and it was a perfext fit. Hit it with the polisher to shine up the ends a bit.

I ground and roughed in the brackets and took it for a spin.

Worked out pretty well.

Cutting in the caliper mount was next.

Polished it and the other bracket up.

Came together well. A few test rides in the morning and a run on the lake mead side before the rain tomorrow...

Latest posts

Back