(MBBO#05 Class-2) Mean Mr Mustard...1x9 Install Begins

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it's similar to anodized parts. Nothing listed as yellow but if you look through all the gold you'll find some.

This one's close to what I'm after. From Luke's link.

goldsparkelvinyl.jpg
Glad I could help! :thumbsup: Hopefully it works out for you.

Luke.

Got the sissy bar suspension figured out.

sisspension1.jpg

sisspension2.jpg

sisspension3.jpg

sisspension4.jpg

Springs are a Rockshox spring cut in half from a pair I got from @kingfish254 , some Krate suspension bits, shaft collars and a few washers. Widened the original clamps to 5/8 inch and used 5/8 inch sissy material for the shock tubes.

Ride is firm but not harsh. It gives when you need it to.

Got the sissy bar suspension figured out.

View attachment 37779

View attachment 37780

View attachment 37781

View attachment 37782

Springs are a Rockshox spring cut in half from a pair I got from @kingfish254 , some Krate suspension bits, shaft collars and a few washers. Widened the original clamps to 5/8 inch and used 5/8 inch sissy material for the shock tubes.

Ride is firm but not harsh. It gives when you need it to.
Hmm, lost track of this one along the way. Great read to catch up on. What a cool build. Fastbacks are always sweet rides!

That sprung sissy setup looks way quieter than the ones I made last year on TorRed. Very clean!

Cool Bike!![emoji106]

Thank you guys.

That sprung sissy setup looks way quieter than the ones I made last year on TorRed. Very clean!

Cool Bike!![emoji106]

Glad you said something because this one had a rattle.

Suspension fork springs is a brilliant idea! I have been trying to figure where to find springs in that size! :thumbsup:

Luke.

They're nice for this. Fit right over 1/2 inch sissy bar.

Did a little work on this today. Made some new caps and relocated some washers to below the bottom caps to eliminate the rattle.

sisspension6.jpg

sisspension5.jpg

It's totally quiet now. Used to make noise if you stood up off the seat. Fairlady seat makes me feel like a creep riding it though..:21:

Used a tall repop sissy for this but cut about 4 inches off.

So, you're keeping the saddle as is....? :21:

I liked it because it reminded me of you.....:giggle:...but since you asked..here is the "saddle"..:D

1st pic taken about 24 hrs ago. Had just pre-drilled for the Krate suspension grommets and Stingray tag.

seat10.jpg

Then added the gel pad.

seat7.jpg

Added some green foam I had. Then all the heating, folding and pinching.

seat8.jpg

seat9.jpg

...and eventually ended up here.

seat6.jpg

Installed the Pete Seat grommets and tag. These grommets are similar to the original Krate full floating suspension grommets.

seat5.jpg

Was just starting to get dark when I got that last pic. Got sleet coming down today. Might have to throw it on the bike later and see how it looks...:39:

Chad, amazing work on the saddle! I compare watching your top notch work with going to hear a great guitar player. After hearing him play, I can either hang my guitars on the wall and never play again; or I can pick it up and keep practicing. Suffice it to say, I will keep making custom saddles, even if they pale in comparison!

Awesomeness on that seat Chadley! That tops that bike off great!

OJ, I have always felt the same way watching Chad work. He is that guy that isn't afraid to take anything apart and figure it out. Whether it's a 3b motor or a banana seat, he'll figure out the noodle and make it great.

Now you've got me thinking I should have dropped my seat off at your place and said have at it.
I'm not finished with upholstery yet, but it won't look anywhere near that good.

Latest posts

Back