(MBBO#05 Class 2) GET SMART!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Renaissance Man

__CERTIFIED DIVER__ (Open Water & Open Dumpster)
Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
I had no plans for any more build competitions after building the Decoluxe, but when I saw that this frame was up for grabs last week from @kingfish254 , I thought why not? It's a very quirky retired Washington D.C. SmartBike, not really sure of the manufacturer.

101_1800.jpg

I plan to 'get smart' about my approach to this one and keep it very simple and spend very little time and money. No eye on the prize, just have fun building.

Last edited:
When I got my new RRB shirt, I noticed the frame looked similar.

20160830_174318 (2).jpg

Just started playing with the bones of this frame today to see where it will go. After I finished drawing the basic shape I couldn't resist making a 60's poster with it.
Get Smart Graphic 1.jpg

Who knows how it will end up, but my first thought was faded yellow to green paint.

No eye on the prize, just have fun building.

HA! He's trying to lull the rest of us into a a false sense of security, then BAM! awesome build that we couldn't even wash. Nice try. Be alert, people.

furyus

HA! He's trying to lull the rest of us into a a false sense of security, then BAM! awesome build that we couldn't even wash. Nice try. Be alert, people.

furyus

Zis is KAOS, ve don't BAM here!
kaos.jpg

Watching this one with interest, I remember when Kingfish fiirst posted that and thought ' Muscle Bike' .. gonna be cool to see it play out.

Is it going to be a 24/20 wheel setup? Great frame for an adult rider. Really can't wait to see what you do with the seat/sissy/handlebar angles on a muscle bike.
The Smartbike had 24/20 originally, but I'm going with 20/20 only because I just picked up a set at my honey hole flea market that are going to work perfectly. It's amazing how parts show up at that flea market just when I need them!
Indeed the frame size is perfect for an adult muscle bike. It's about the size of a 20" frame but has the length of a 26" bike!

Latest posts

Back