(MBBO#05 Class 2) GET SMART!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"What? that is the paint scheme. Do you not like it?:emo:"

Thought maybe you were activating the 'cone of silence' on the paint scheme...

I've been thinking about muscle car colors. Since this is going to be a modern muscle bike, I decided on a modern muscle car for inspiration.

If I can get a match for the color, I'm going with Go Mango Orange with some satin black mixed in.:)
Dodge-GoMango3.jpg

...Any chance you could get me some measurements on a diagram of the frame?
I am thinking about gearing up to build 5 or so production frames, and this looks like a great candidate for inspiration!

Luke.
Here are some basic measurements and are rounded off as closely as possible. If you need other measurements, just ask! You'll have to do your own metric conversions (sorry).;)

deminsions.jpg

Rear wheel combo looks good too, I can just see it with the Go Mango. You gonna black out that front set too?
Thanks Carl!
The front wheel is a bit of a dilemma. I would like to black it out completely, but I won't be able to paint the sides because of the front brakes. I could paint the sides of the rear rim silver to match, but I really like the all black look.:doh:

Thanks Carl!
The front wheel is a bit of a dilemma. I would like to black it out completely, but I won't be able to paint the sides because of the front brakes. I could paint the sides of the rear rim silver to match, but I really like the all black look.:doh:
I wonder if powder coat would hold up?

Carl.

Here are some basic measurements and are rounded off as closely as possible. If you need other measurements, just ask! You'll have to do your own metric conversions (sorry).;)

View attachment 33953
Thank you! That is perfect!

Powder coat does not work well with rim brakes either from what I have heard, any chance you have a spare front disc hub laying around? Not much work to lace in and weld on a caliper mount, gives it a nice look too...

Luke.

Thanks guys. The disc brake set-up would be awesome for both front and rear and would offer the opportunity to set up a free wheel multi-geared hub, cool stick shift, etc., etc. But that is the trap that I'm trying to avoid! I spent way too many hours on the Decoluxe and decided to take a leisurely approach to this bike using parts that I either have on hand or can obtain as easily and inexpensively as possible.

I really didn't even think that I'd be in this at all before that frame came up. It's actually a real challenge for me to bridle my urge to max out the possibilities! I'll just leave those mods for the next owner to have fun with.:happy:

Last edited:
Thanks Carl!
street legal cars at the drag strip only swap the rear wheels and leave the shiny mag wheels up front , usually the rear wheels are black , in most case its not a bad look..

i don't think leaving the brake surface silver would diminish the look

Just the front rim polished might be cool especially with the skinny tire.

Elbow grease is free....:21:

Edit: I see now this violates the "leisurely approach" parameter...:D

Just spray paint the sides of the front rim before you take your final pic..then it can just wear off the sides again.

Or maybe even just use a marker or paint pen to black out the sides temporarily?

Last edited:
Street legal cars at the drag strip only swap the rear wheels and leave the shiny mag wheels up front, usually the rear wheels are black, in most case its not a bad look...

Sounds like my Comet. The rear wheels aren't black though, in this photo they were Rustoleum "matte nickel"...........that was six years ago, they're white now.

full

street legal cars at the drag strip only swap the rear wheels and leave the shiny mag wheels up front , usually the rear wheels are black , in most case its not a bad look..

i don't think leaving the brake surface silver would diminish the look
I like this reasoning! It's as if I planned it that way.:wink1:

Now I need to decide if I'll paint everything except the brake surface or leave it all silver.

Latest posts

Back