(MBBO#05 Class 2) ★★★ ¡ʇdᴉɹɔs ǝɥʇ dᴉlℲ ★★★ (SOLD to finance exciting new venture!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work Luke you do some impressive work . Always enjoy your builds . Turning scrap into one of a kind rolling & rideable art . [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea on marking the pics, might bring some new members to the site.
I hope so! :thumbsup:
I noticed Kildare did that on all his as well. Probably a good idea to have a logo / indicator on our pics from here on out. Also help in the archived photos on this site so we old guys can remember who built what....:cool:
@N.Kildare1718's pics were what made me think of it, it looks really good on his, very professional!
Nice work Luke you do some impressive work . Always enjoy your builds . Turning scrap into one of a kind rolling & rideable art . [emoji1303][emoji1303]
:thumbsup: Thanks @G-Matt!
I doubt I will be doing any more huge builds though, this one really pushed my limits.
I'm thinking simpler designs but still with cool paint and some one-of-a-kind features for future builds...

Luke.

Finished the minor modification at the cranks today, made longer adjustment bars and lengthened the chains:

index.php
index.php

Now the BB is vertical and the bars sit close to level, which will be the best for long term rigidity:

index.php

A decent test ride and then I will paint them black, not today though, I'm worn out!

Luke.

That build luke tops all your previous ones , its such a masterpeice:41::praise:
i always enjoyed watching all the mechanics and craftsmanship in your builds

yeah how you add the logo ? 1 by 1 in photoshop ? or you found a trick to add it automatically somehow ?

You did it again Luke! Love this bike!
Thanks BikeBum!
That build luke tops all your previous ones , its such a masterpeice:41::praise:
i always enjoyed watching all the mechanics and craftsmanship in your builds

yeah how you add the logo ? 1 by 1 in photoshop ? or you found a trick to add it automatically somehow ?
Thanks 1HP! I think it is my favorite because of the engineering in the diff, but Pedro probably wins on all out craziness!

I drew the logo up in Paint.net with a clear background and add it to each photo separately, that way I can decide where on the photo it is.
Super amazing build!!! Looks cool. Good idea with the water mark.
Thanks Chad! This was a fun one!

Got a ride and walk around video today to finish of the build:

It sure does ride nice, not a speed machine, but a very comfortable cruiser, very quiet, very smooth and the gearing turned out spot on! :thumbsup:

Luke.

see you next year :hi:
:113:
;) Glad you liked that!
Bike looks good, that metal flake is like 12 feet deep. (4 meters)
Yeah, the paint came out great, really happy with it! I am learning a fair bit each time I do the flake jobs, and really enjoying them now.
Those bugs in the vid would have driven me crazy!

Bike looks like a great riding machine.
The Australian fly... Yeah, they do drive me nuts, but I needed to get a video...
They can be particularly bad around our house as we are surrounded by dairy farms.
BRILLIANT.......again!
Cheers Luke!
Thanks Dr.T! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Looks like she cruises nice...need some gears to out run those flies...:21:...triple dog dare you to put a couple derailleurs in there...:nerd:
:21: I have worked out how to do it for a future build, but it won't be happening on this one!

It does cruise really nice, so quiet and very smooth...

Luke.

Unfortunately the time has come to sell the 'FlipTheScript' trike.

My secret project that I have been working on is to build a limited production run of LTJ bicycle frames, the set up to do that is fairly expensive though, I have built bending jigs already but now I need to place an order for laser cut parts and build the main assembly jig, all of which costs money, so, 'FlipTheScript' got listed up today on some local FaceBook pages.

I will be sad to see it go, but I am also really looking forward to getting these frames happening!

Unfortunately the time has come to sell the 'FlipTheScript' trike.

My secret project that I have been working on is to build a limited production run of frames, the set up to do that is fairly expensive though, I have built bending jigs already but now I need to place an order for laser cut parts and build the main assembly jig, all of which costs money, so, 'FlipTheScript' got listed up today on some local FaceBook pages.

I will be sad to see it go, but I am also really looking forward to getting these frames happening!

G
ood luck Luke.

How's the luck selling on the local Facebook pages?...are these bike groups specifically, or general sell anything like Offer up...or Craigslist? just curious.

It was great to see this one go from conception , to all of the fabrication , to that last ride in the video...
:thumbsup:
franco

G
ood luck Luke.

How's the luck selling on the local Facebook pages?...are these bike groups specifically, or general sell anything like Offer up...or Craigslist? just curious.

It was great to see this one go from conception , to all of the fabrication , to that last ride in the video...
:thumbsup:
franco
Thanks Franco!

This is the first time I have actually offered a build for sale, usually someone just offers me money...

I am just posting in local and semi local FaceBook bicycle/chopper/dragster groups at the moment, wrong time of year though, lots of interest but no one has money after the holidays... A few have said they want it, many have said I am not asking enough for it and it is too cheap! I only ever charge what it cost to build, no charge for labour either.

If it takes too long to sell I will just keep it, I love the build, and before long I will have the needed funds to start the production run without selling it.

FlipTheScript is SOLD! I have a feeling we may see more of it in the future though! ;)

I will be moving forward with production of my custom framesets now, so if you may want one at a later date keep an eye on my page: https://www.facebook.com/JokerTheLuke/

Latest posts

Back