(MBBO#05 Class 2) ★★★ ¡ʇdᴉɹɔs ǝɥʇ dᴉlℲ ★★★ (SOLD to finance exciting new venture!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah! nice fab work already :113:
realy cool how you made the BB/hub adapters , my mind saved this for the future:wink1:

even quicker and nicer ? IMPOSSIBRUUU!

Today I continued work with these:

28776562314_ed214d9416_z.jpg

Tacked them, then into the lathe to check they were straight, and then out of the lathe to weld them and then back into the lathe to turn down the flanges and the weld a little:

29385179056_64c68b64a9_z.jpg

Two washers, drilled to suit my 140mm brake discs:

29311268852_f18eb7f1b9_z.jpg

Tacked them to the hub pieces, into the lathe to check for straight, back out to fully weld, sanded the faces flat and then I stated tapping the 5mm threads for the brake bolts, here is a pic with one done and assembled with a freewheel and disc and part way through tapping the other one:

28795436064_1d43e51e71_z.jpg

Final results at the end of the day:

29339850981_8db01ec037_z.jpg

Still lots of work to go on this drivetrain, it is complicated! :confused:

Luke.

Sorry for the lack of progress pics building those pieces, it is hard to stop and document when you are on a roll with something. Any questions just ask... ;)

Luke.
i have one ! :wink1:... i imagine these will go on the same BB , one on the left and one on the right , did you put the square taper reversed in the left sided hub part ? or how you do to prevent the free wheel to unscrew ?

i have one ! :wink1:... i imagine these will go on the same BB , one on the left and one on the right , did you put the square taper reversed in the left sided hub part ? or how you do to prevent the free wheel to unscrew ?
Ah ha! You are starting to figure out how this will all work!

They are reversed:

28776562314_ed214d9416_z.jpg

28802617543_2a8324fbcd_z.jpg

Just one thing though, why would one bottom bracket axle need two disc brakes? :39:

Luke.

Ah ha! You are starting to figure out how this will all work!

They are reversed:

View attachment 33044

Just one thing though, why would one bottom bracket axle need two disc brakes? :39:

Luke.
Oh! i see it now :doh::headbang::thumbsup: thanks !

humm 2 disk brakes ? Mad scientist idea? more braking power? or maybe enven just symetry ? :39:

Oh! i see it now :thumbsup: thanks !

humm 2 disk brakes ? Mad scientist idea? more braking power? or maybe enven just symetry ? :39:
Maybe there is more than one bottom bracket? ;)

Luke.

it's an LTJ build, there could be a candle stick.
:21: Well, we already know there is a propane tank...
This is fun Luke, keep the suspense up.:bandit:
I will try, I don't think it will last much longer though, it will start becoming clear in the next couple of steps I would think!

On a different subject how good is that Clue game? We play it all the time, in fact my Mother-In-Law has a new version which has mystery squares and random cards too, it is a good change up! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Latest posts

Back