(MBBO#05 Class 1) Rat-ed X-65 Murray Wildcat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah! The pesky Schwinn tire dilemma strikes again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm at the same point, need to break from bikes for a while.
As mentioned above schwinn had their own tires, frustrating it is.
There is only one schwinn rim I will use that's the s2. Learned that lesson with my first Schwinn typhoon 20 years ago. It sucks I have seen several other people hit that wall since. Hopefully it goes smoother from here on for you muttley and you as well Falstaff no one needs any more drama than the build itself

The new front tire arrived, the bearings are in and the shakedown ride is in the books. This thing rides fantastic. :rockout: Tomorrow I'm going to California Hot Rod Reunion in Bakersfield so the final cleaning/detailing/waxing will have to wait until Sunday or Monday. Stay tuned to this channel for photos and a maybe a video if you're lucky. ;)

I spent some time Sunday afternoon doing a final cleaning/polishing/waxing but right around the time I was finishing up it started raining. :mad: I'll get some good photos as soon as it clears up and I have some spare time........................now, on to the Stingray. :whew:

Here are a few photos, I'll get some better ones for the 'contest' submission......

Murray%20Wildcat%20X-65%20Refurbish%201_zpslpawhxsl.jpg

Murray%20Wildcat%20X-65%20Refurbish%202_zpswhetw7av.jpg

Murray%20Wildcat%20X-65%20Refurbish%203_zpskcjfwjcw.jpg

Very Nice Muttley! Me likes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. The paint looks fantastic for being 50+ years old and neglected it's life. It really sparkles in the sun, hopefully I'll be able to capture that in the upcoming photos.

That tire looks great on there!

Thanks. If you are interested I can check and see if the guy I got it from has more. It's a NOS tire, it says it was made by some company called Cheng Shin in Taiwan. I've got another one that will be going on my Huffy Cheater Slick project after I finish my '65 Stingray.

Latest posts

Back