(MBBO#05 Class 1) 69' Fastback 100 - That's a Canadian Chopper eh?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. There is a very strong likelihood that my bike will not be assembled by the 1st of Dec. The guy that does my powder coating doesn't think he can squeeze it in. He's a great guy and it's my fault for starting late and not getting him the frame until mid October. He was away hunting and now has family coming to move his mother to an apartment. My first build off and I guess I'm learning the best lesson. Start on time and plan accordingly.

Fingers crossed that somehow he gets it done, but I told him that his family comes first.

Doesn't the next build off build off bikes not built off in previous build offs? Starts Jan 1st, I believe.

furyus

Well. There is a very strong likelihood that my bike will not be assembled by the 1st of Dec. The guy that does my powder coating doesn't think he can squeeze it in. He's a great guy and it's my fault for starting late and not getting him the frame until mid October. He was away hunting and now has family coming to move his mother to an apartment. My first build off and I guess I'm learning the best lesson. Start on time and plan accordingly.

Fingers crossed that somehow he gets it done, but I told him that his family comes first.
Fingers crossed for you also, you have been a great addition to build off line up, a great sport, and put out a great effort. Hope the last hurdle you get over and make it for voting.
If not you still have my and I'm sure others respect for the effort...
Keep pushing

If considering rattle can vs powder...

When i lived in a cold weather state, i had been known to heat up my garage with a bullet heater after throwing drop cloths over the bench and toolboxes.

110 degrees in the garage, then would rattle can a bike and let it cure over the next few hours. Then open the door, air out and heat up again... seemed to get the paint hard enuff to work the bike...

Maybe a plan B?

If considering rattle can vs powder...

When i lived in a cold weather state, i had been known to heat up my garage with a bullet heater after throwing drop cloths over the bench and toolboxes.

110 degrees in the garage, then would rattle can a bike and let it cure over the next few hours. Then open the door, air out and heat up again... seemed to get the paint hard enuff to work the bike...

Maybe a plan B?

Thanks for the suggestion, but despite potentially not finishing in time, I'll be much happier in the long run with the powder coat finish. My guy does the whole thing, blasting, paint and clear for $100. I can't go wrong.

Bare metal builds are always cool!!
Nothing to stop you having this one in the voting in bare metal and then entering the Unfinished Build-Off in January to finish it 100% too! :thumbsup:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...-goes-including-builds-already-started.99325/

Luke.

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys, but the frame is with Dale and hasn't been blasted yet. It's a 45 minute drive just to pick it up, and part of me is hoping that he somehow gets it done, so it's best to leave it with him.

Doesn't the next build off build off bikes not built off in previous build offs? Starts Jan 1st, I believe.

furyus
Yes, on the first the first format for furnishing unfinished builds formerly found failing to find the Finished line; unfinished finds fighting to finish first of the unfinished.

Last edited:
:(so close! i love these frames, when i think muscle bike its this kind i think about + orange is my favorite color
get your tools ready just in case he finish it the day before :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back