MBBO #04! Voting time!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend drives a 67 A100. That'd be cool.

I saw he has an old original huffy musclebike in his garage rafters the last time I was over there.
My next conversation with my friend would have been...
:eek: "Hey bro, whatcha doin' wit dat old bike?"

Carl.

Last edited:
My next conversation with my friend would have been...
:eek: "Hey bro, whatcha doin' wit dat old bike?"

Carl.
That was the conversation the first time I saw it. I asked if he'd sell it to me. Hes not interested in selling it. Everyone asks to buy that bike from him.

He pulls it down every once in awhile dusts it off, airs it up and rides it. Then lets most the air out and puts it back. He was lookin for a west coast chopper to hang up there too. Dunno if he found one yet. Wish hed trade... hehe.

Found a couple more parts bikes as potentials...

Edit
He hehehe, the dogs ratted me out I had parked them in with the rest of the bikes and my wife went past and the dogs were all over the electric stingray. I think the old owner had cats...

anyway the wife was all... Got another one, eh??? You know the dogs are tellin on you, right????...

Last edited:
Found a couple more parts bikes as potentials...

Edit
He hehehe, the dogs ratted me out I had parked them in with the rest of the bikes and my wife went past and the dogs were all over the electric stingray. I think the old owner had cats...

anyway the wife was all... Got another one, eh??? You know the dogs are tellin on you, right????...

I parted out one of those electric stingrays that was broken and did pretty well . The only think I kept was the big exhaust pipes.

I picked up this DC Transit bike earlier this year because it looked like it had some potential muscle bike parts.
Does anyone see anything they want to buy from it? If so, I'll bring it home and break it down and part it out.
It has a 24" rear 3 speed with roller brake and a 20" front wheel. The frame definitely has some muscle bike potential.
PM me if you want anything.

transit.jpg

I parted out one of those electric stingrays that was broken and did pretty well . The only think I kept was the big exhaust pipes.
I was looking at it for the fork. No pipes on this one. Then found all the other items in tact and workable, they just didnt have a charger for it. I got access to all the lead acid 24v battery packs I want, picked up one today fully charged, for parts testing to see if the hub is good.
I didn't know there was an electric occ junk. That might make for cool parts.
These OCC Stingrays, albeit kinda ugly, have some decent options. This one has a wiiiiiddddde 20" on the rear. The Forks. The straight laced wheels.. the high flanges...

I was looking at this for parts for the west coast chopper I picked up, but its so complete, might just rebuild it.

If the 'lectric hub is good, I might just get it moving and sell it.

I was looking at it for the fork. No pipes on this one. Then found all the other items in tact and workable, they just didnt have a charger for it. I got access to all the lead acid 24v battery packs I want, picked up one today fully charged, for parts testing to see if the hub is good.

These OCC Stingrays, albeit kinda ugly, have some decent options. This one has a wiiiiiddddde 20" on the rear. The Forks. The straight laced wheels.. the high flanges...

I was looking at this for parts for the west coast chopper I picked up, but its so complete, might just rebuild it. If the 'lectric hub is good, I might just get it moving and sell it.

You might find you can do better parting it out. I got $90 plus shipping on the wheel alone.
$50 plus shipping on the broken battery pack engine

I picked up this DC Transit bike earlier this year because it looked like it had some potential muscle bike parts.
Does anyone see anything they want to buy from it? If so, I'll bring it home and break it down and part it out.

View attachment 12923

In high school had a friend with a pearl colored, white skirted 63 Impala. That rear wheel skirt reminds me of those..

Someone should build this.

mad11903695_10153504853614876_2242477758686380198_n.jpg

The first build off I did, right after I joined RRB, was the MBBO#2...
I built Headbanger, from an OCC and a suspension frame MTB.
Time for a quick remodel...
MTB frame off, just the OCC rear clip

sprayed the inside of the rear fender orange

both halves of the frames stripped and repainted

still need some orange grips...

I've got some Chicago Bears Emblems on the way...
Probably get some orange pin striping done too.
Da Bears...

Orange grips and a little RRB sticker...

Carl.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back