MBBO #04! Voting time!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if it's common to find them bent or not, but I've tried to straighten mine to no avail.
My BONINE build was broken and rebrazed crooked. I bent the frame some to counteract the crookedness. Looks rat, goes down the road a little doglegged and it's all good to me since it's a cruiser. Now, the frame I have for the MBBO4... has screw holes in it, like they had mounted panels on it, the BB has been rebrazed straight but ugly and the head tube is chewed up. I'm going to get some :eek: bondo...

Carl.

I found something yesterday I might toss into the mbbo. My last year one was shiny and Perty. This one may end up a little more dark and scratched. :)
979aa8cff90f82e53c484be4d060386d.jpg

I am liking the ideas floating around! I have some too, but I am doing the sneaky, sneaky and not sharing them with anyone... :speechless:

Pretty sure I wont even reveal it at the start of the build-off, you will just have to try work it out as I build it...

I can assure you it will be... Interesting... :wondering:

Luke.

I am liking the ideas floating around! I have some too, but I am doing the sneaky, sneaky and not sharing them with anyone... :speechless:

Pretty sure I wont even reveal it at the start of the build-off, you will just have to try work it out as I build it...

I can assure you it will be... Interesting... :wondering:

Luke.
Haha! I like that idea too... sneaky, sneaky... I'm looking forward to the bits of reveal, I'm assuming some video may be involved, although I know that takes a bit of time too. Is it spring yet, down there? The heat is finally laying back some here although this year wasn't so bad, rainy and humid... I'm wondering if it has started to warm up where you are?

This is the first build I've been in where I have 99% of what I need and a psychedelic paint scheme in mind that will highlight the build, but no name... I'm thinking of calling it "placeholder for future name" :13:

Carl.

Haha! I like that idea too... sneaky, sneaky... I'm looking forward to the bits of reveal, I'm assuming some video may be involved, although I know that takes a bit of time too. Is it spring yet, down there? The heat is finally laying back some here although this year wasn't so bad, rainy and humid... I'm wondering if it has started to warm up where you are?

This is the first build I've been in where I have 99% of what I need and a psychedelic paint scheme in mind that will highlight the build, but no name... I'm thinking of calling it "placeholder for future name" :13:

Carl.
Spring starts September 1st here, interesting that it starts the same day as the MBBO isn't it... :bandit: Actually, that is just a coincidence, but I am happy about it!

Not sure on videos, it will be harder to keep parts secret on video as opposed to carefully posed pics, I like doing the videos though, I think it gives a better feel for the build, so maybe?

I really like your name idea, I have no name for mine yet too... Maybe it should be "Placeholder 2"

Actually, I just thought of "Stay Tuned", that might work with the way I intend to do the thread... :nerd:

Luke.

Stay Tuned ;)
You could wait on the video to only the reveal itself and do a campy version of one of the TV shows where they bring the people out and show them there house or car or what have you, completed for the first time.
"Oh Luke, It's SO awesome :inlove: " yeah the big reveal at the end... Cool.

Merle. :crazy:

January first for me. My Birthday is just a couple days later. Last year I had a brand new muscle bike for my birthday.

If Dec 1, then I guess its a Christmas Chopper that I will build, instead of a birthday bike. ;-) hehehehe

I'd say the majority rules. Looks like Jan 1.
Sounds like 2016 is off to a good start.
Changed the thread title and first post to suit, 4 months it is!

Luke.

Changed the thread title and first post to suit, 4 months it is!

Luke.
I also like the thought of being able to use my end of year vacation to fab parts. Last year, I made a shifter, mirror, chain guard and other parts all during the end of year break. ;-). I used the thanksgiving break to paint... :)

This year I will probably be painting in september, in order to start weathering it for patina in december...

So what are the votes regarding finishing time? Dec 1st or Jan 1st?
I think we have 2 votes for 4 months and one for 3 and a few don't care either way?

Luke.
I'd go for 3 months. Could I start with something that is already built if it gets torn down, many things changed and turns out completely different? I'd like to use an existing bike and heavily modify it rather then building a new one.

I'd go for 3 months. Could I start with something that is already built if it gets torn down, many things changed and turns out completely different? I'd like to use an existing bike and heavily modify it rather then building a new one.
Too late, it's 4 months....
But yeah, take a bike apart..
change/repair/remove stuff...
Reassemble as you like. Done.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back