(MBBO#04 Class 2) PEDRO. (PEDRO GOT A NEW OWNER!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chad.

Will a riding picture do?

99%20Heavy%20Duty%20Unicycle.jpg

Luke.
A wheelie bar in this thing and I'd almost be able to ride it

Wheelie cool,man.:thumbsup:
Thanks KJV!
What not continuing on the Lambo theme..... then I guess i was a little out on this concept then!

images
That is crazy! I wonder if the police man is going to ask "License and registration."
Hey Luke I suppose you are not using Pedders suspension either, because.....
images

NB: Sorry to all as this is an Australian advert for the suspension company.

So we probably won't see anything like this either
images

..sorry I will stop now
Your a nut Paper Puncher! :21: Made me think though! I might have to find a Lamborghini sticker for a headbadge... :39:

Luke.

No real progress today, I hit a problem...

My original design and my build board was all designed around a 20" front wheel, and I then changed to a 16"...

Normally that would not be an issue, there are ways around things, but with my frame design I could not find a way to make it work and look right...

Eventually I decided that the problem was I needed the top of the headtube to be the same height as originally planned, so my options then became a 4" longer headtube, or a 4" longer set of forks...

Drew up both options, (No, still not sharing! Sorry! :p ) and the long headtube option looked horrible, but the long fork option looked even better than the original... Easy choice in the end!

Next step was to dig out some longer forks to give myself some options, removed a set of 27" road bike forks to try, they were the right length but they were still far too narrow for a 3" width even as far down the legs as a 16" rim runs. I figured I could split them and weld them to the fork top I made earlier...

Then I started digging through my 26" MTB pile, I don't like the fat constant diameter tube style legs of a MTB fork on a muscle bike though, looks out of place, you want a nice taper if possible... Then I found one of my oldest MTBs and it happened to have round tube forks, but with a nice taper... Tried them on the build board and with the fat little 16" and it all works nicely!

Just have to remove the canti brake bosses and extend the steer tube to suit the head tube length I have already decided on and they are pretty much perfect!

21550460122_fa28451b61_z.jpg

20938938144_72fb560870_z.jpg

:happy:

New phone/camera should be here tomorrow or Tuesday, so hopefully that shocking out of focus/blurry picture above will be one of the last on this build!

Edit: Just remembered as I was writing this post that I have an old Raliegh MTB, a very early one that had a cracked frame, I rescued it and used all the good parts off it (Araya 7X rims, high flange Suzue hubs, early centre pull Dia-Comp brakes etc.) but the remainder is still out there somewhere, and from memory it had some really nice tapered "Unicrown" forks on it... Might have to go have a look...

Luke.

Last edited:
Raliegh Uni-Crowns for the win!
They suit perfectly, nice style similar to Muscle Bikes, nice tapered legs and just manages to fit over the 3" width rim...

Still have to remove brake bosses and extend the steer tube, I hope the early MTB fans will forgive me. Trust me when I say the frame was beyond repair...

I will get photos tomorrow when the sun comes back up. :thumbsup:

Edit: Found an old pic from when I bought the bike and cropped it down:

21375736429_ceff4fc332_o.jpg

Luke.

Last edited:
Like the looks of that fork Luke! Custom fatty fork...
Was just cleaning them up and found out they are Japanese Tange forks... A bit more high end than I thought!

Luke.

You do realize that you're getting dangerously close to Imelda status with all of these forks don't you? :nerd:
:21: I did do a bit of a Kingfish didn't I!
Fifth set of forks are the charm!

21381980208_2e278d8c52.jpg

Luke.

You do realize that you're getting dangerously close to Imelda status with all of these forks don't you? :nerd:

I've got an Imelda pile of grips I'm working on. I catch myself doing that more and more and I always think about all those handlebars...:21:

It's like a disease this Imelda business..:D....time to go look at some grips..:39:

So, it appears I am not too good with the sneaky sneaky thing, I get too excited with whatever I accomplish and want to show it off...

Here is your fix for today:

21029491366_3bcc8cf25a_z.jpg

20868919699_d820168d18_z.jpg

Luke.
O boy is that a 12" slick wow now you definitely will need some muscle to push that bad boy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke you are a one of a kind builder hats off to you I haven't check out this thread until today , wow this is amazing CooL !!!!
I'm glad there are two classes because this thing is sick !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

O boy is that a 12" slick wow now you definitely will need some muscle to push that bad boy !
Luke you are a one of a kind builder hats off to you I haven't check out this thread until today , wow this is amazing CooL !!!!
I'm glad there are two classes because this thing is sick !
Glad you are liking it G-Matt! It will be a lot of wheel and tire to move around, but the gearing will be low, probably 32-18 or something like that. It will definitely be more of a slow cruise/posing bike than a speed machine though! ;)
You're only confirming what everyone seems to tell me!
I'm glad I wasn't the first! Good onya Bloke!

Luke.

Hold on to your hats Ladies and Gents... Here comes your first view of the frame!

I managed to get about half of the frame done today and also the hugely widened bottom bracket and crank spindle:

21403494039_76b18acaff_z.jpg

Does that pic make any sense to anyone? :crazy2: I did say this will be an unusual frame!
It will become more clear as I add the next pieces to it in the coming days.

Better pics of the fork from today:

21590476275_43b6dbca0f_z.jpg

20967638284_65a35a5850_z.jpg

Happy with the way it is going, the frame is coming out even better than expected and I am loving that fork, it suits perfectly. Should be a good bike when it all comes together.

Feel free to have a guess at how the frame works, I probably will not confirm or deny anything at this point though... :bandit:

Luke.

Ok I'll take a guess.
The short tube looks to small to be a bottom bracket,but I can't see in my head how it could be a head tube or where you would sit. Unless of course the short tube is where the seat will mount.
The big curve looks like it might follow the rear wheel,so maybe the excess is a crazy sissy bar.
Am I even close?

Latest posts

Back