(MBBO#04 Class 2) PEDRO. (PEDRO GOT A NEW OWNER!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I'll take a guess.
The short tube looks to small to be a bottom bracket,but I can't see in my head how it could be a head tube or where you would sit. Unless of course the short tube is where the seat will mount.
The big curve looks like it might follow the rear wheel,so maybe the excess is a crazy sissy bar.
Am I even close?
The extra two pieces above the frame are the bottom bracket and crank spindle, I have yet to join them to the frame.
Also the frame is only half built at this point, I guess what is sitting there is roughly equivalent to a front triangle, I still need to add the rear triangles/canti bars and the seat...

Some of what you said is very close to how it will be, other parts... Not so much! :wink1:
I think you will work it out pretty quick Falstaff!

Luke.

Feel free to have a guess at how the frame works, I probably will not confirm or deny anything at this point though... :bandit:

Luke.

I'm picturing something like this?

99%20Heavy%20Duty%20Unicycle.jpg

Wouldn't need a bb for that though just an axle with cranks. Unless your adding some type of freewheel mech...:39:

Question: Will this bicycle have a chain? :nerd:

:bigsmile:
No unicycle for this boy! I came off hard on my swing bike for this build-off two years ago, learnt my lesson, I don't bounce like I did when I was a kid any more... :blackeye:

Two wheel bicycle, small front, fat rear, chain to the rear, cranks in the middle... ;)
Pretty standard bicycle stuff really...

Luke.

The wheels are in the right place!

I will give you a bit more info...
There is no traditional top tube, instead it has a built in full length seat... ;)

Luke.

Two wheel bicycle...
Pretty standard bicycle stuff really...
:rofl::bigsmile::21::acute:

Yeah, pretty standard. I remember finding one of those under the Christmas tree when I was a kid. Almost identical. I often wondered how Santa got that big a** Hoosier tire down the chimney.:39:

:rofl::bigsmile::21::acute:

Yeah, pretty standard. I remember finding one of those under the Christmas tree when I was a kid. Almost identical. I often wondered how Santa got that big a** Hoosier tire down the chimney.:39:
That's a big chimney!:eek:
No pleated leather?

ok then... shag it is...

Carl.
Nope! :nerd:
you guys are hilarious!...Luke, love your creativity and imagination!
Thanks ChopperRon! :thumbsup:
That would build,leg muscles.;
Have to ride, standing: all the time.:whew:
This thing will be work out enough without that! Of course it wont help that your feet are over a foot apart either... "Q Factor"? Non existent on this build! :21:

Just did this up to compare the 20" wheels on "BigJim" to the fat Hoosier on this build, good for a laugh!

21605961972_d5d1a9c3f8_z.jpg

Obviously the Hoosier is not in metric sizes, but the 315/45-13 measures out the same...

That is one fat tire!

Was going to be working more on the frame today but the wind has got really gusty, good at blowing away shielding gasses... :confused:

Luke.

21605961972_d5d1a9c3f8_z.jpg

Obviously the Hoosier is not in metric sizes, but the 315/45-13 measures out the same...

That is one fat tire!

Was going to be working more on the frame today but the wind has got really gusty, good at blowing away shielding gasses... :confused:

Luke.
Ahhhhh!! It's way too early in the morning to try and understand all those numbers. I hate numbers! They are my nemesis. :headbang:

Ahhhhh!! It's way too early in the morning to try and understand all those numbers. I hate numbers! They are my nemesis. :headbang:
:21:
I actually just meant as a visual representation... Those pics are to scale with each other, so the Hoosier is a bit shorter than the "BigJim" set up but much wider... :thumbsup:

Luke.

Not up to working today, so instead I decided the time had come to get some pics and let you in on what I am building a little...

Here it is as it sits today: (Love the much clearer pics from my new camera phone!)

21670844065_4206bce353_z.jpg

The build board:

21484025319_bb7d9c4a6f_z.jpg

You can see how much it has changed at the front with the switch to a 16"...

Next step is to build the rear triangle/cantilever bars/loop tail set up... It will start at the lowest portion of the frame there, come out each side and turn back along the tire, loop behind the axle and curve up to the front tube...

Like this:

21645169076_81265cbf53_z.jpg

Then I will build the skateboard seat/top tube set up.

Here is an early sketch, you can see I have raked the front out a bit more now:

21048559774_fb0c7a4cd4_z.jpg

Luke.

That's wild man! I think a little sissy/backrest deal might look good on there. Something to sass it up a bit in the back.
Original plan was to have one, but changed my mind back and forth a few times since then, not sure where I will end up:

21646693906_718cbde47c_z.jpg

Looking good and i suppose you won't be needing a kick stand.... I wonder if you have anymore tricks up your sleeve? ;)
No kickstand indeed! I am sure there is something else I will come up with... ;)

Luke.

Latest posts

Back