(MBBO#04 Class 2) PEDRO. (PEDRO GOT A NEW OWNER!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stellar work there, Luke!!! That rear setup is off-the-charts cool!!!
Thanks B4C!
Looks good!

Your welds keep getting cleaner every time. Nice :thumbsup:
21272394030_7f72ffc673_z.jpg
:happy: Cool that you noticed! I used to just weld it all together and clean it up later, didn't really matter what it looked like as long as it was strong.
Problem was I would end up with a completed bike but still 2 or 3 days of weld clean up to do, that is the last thing you want with a deadline coming down on you!
So now I spend a little more time as I go, and make nice welds, saves a huge amount of effort down the road, but at the cost of more gas usage unfortunately...
Beautiful job.
Thanks Chad!
Fantastic job! Those wheels are amazing!
Thanks!

Luke.

We haven't even seen a hint of a bike yet and you've probably already have people that are going to vote for you! :rockout: Great idea on that wheel jig too.

Wild wheels :bigboss:
Thanks KJV!
We haven't even seen a hint of a bike yet and you've probably already have people that are going to vote for you! :rockout: Great idea on that wheel jig too.
Glad you like the jig, it made things much easier!
Awesome! Just friggin Awesome!!!
:thumbsup:
OMG, those are smoking hot!.. that's just pure Awesome Sauce bloke..
I actually had to look up what Awesomesauce was...

Found this on the Urban Dictionary:

Awesomesauce
In cooking, a sauce is liquid or sometimes semi-solid food served on or used in preparing other foods. Sauces are not consumed by themselves; they add flavor, moisture, and visual appeal to another dish. Sauce is a French word taken from the Latin salsus, meaning salted. Sauces need a liquid component, but some sauces (for example, salsa or chutney) may contain more solid elements than liquid.

Awesomesauce, on the other hand, is prepared by mixing equal parts of awesome, amazing and breathtaking. The awesomeness is slowly cooked and small parts of uncanny, extraordinary and magnificent are added. When no one expects it, the awesomesauce should asplode in huge fireworks, sonic booms, gorgeous girls, american flags and monster-trucks.

Awesomesauce, contrary to any other sauce, can be served alone, or acompanying other dishes as movies or rock concerts. Awesomesauce added to any food makes of it a real rollercoaster of emotions, thrills and excitement that Michael Bay would be proud of.

:21: Thanks Monstaah!

Luke.

(Feeling any pressure to create a great frame?)
:confused:

Just a little maybe...

I think my design can pull it off though!

I will warn everyone up front though, in the balance between "show bike" and "everyday commuter comfortable bike", this one is definitely way, way, way, towards the show end...

Luke.

:confused:

Just a little maybe...

I think my design can pull it off though!

I will warn everyone up front though, in the balance between "show bike" and "everyday commuter comfortable bike", this one is definitely way, way, way, towards the show end...

Luke.
Isn't that what a muscle bike is supposed to be?
Impractical, uncomfortable and over the top radical...

Carl.

Isn't that what a muscle bike is supposed to be?
Impractical, uncomfortable and over the top radical...

Carl.
That is why I love the Muscle Bike Build-Off!

Luke.

I'm just glad that you are now moving to the frame. I was starting to sound like a scratched 45 record. cool wheels cool wheels cool wheels .................................:)

I'm just glad that you are now moving to the frame. I was starting to sound like a scratched 45 record. cool wheels cool wheels cool wheels .................................:)
Still have to finish welding the rear, but then on to the forks and frame... Not long now!

Luke.

WHEELS ARE DONE!

Tacked the rear and spun it to check for true, it took a few attempts, but came out really nice:

20883367984_2a4a0315f1_z.jpg

21495022542_da136bfe3a_z.jpg

Cool spinning warp effect:

21318076580_b2b5c52365_z.jpg

Weld photo for TRM:

21318076420_59fe992b6e_z.jpg

Wheels done!

20883367314_0baa4e8d08_z.jpg

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

On to the fork...

This fork was originally on the donor frame I used last year (Mad Maxine) of course it would not fit the tire I used for that build, so it went in the parts pile. It will become the leg donor for this years fork:

20883368004_cc720f1efc_z.jpg

Legs off, and two more forks donated to the cause to make the extended steerer tube:

21318301628_bebd965d0f_z.jpg

Steerer tube sleeved and ground ready for welding:

21479891726_5d4466a4f8_z.jpg

Welded up:

20884999013_794e070bf6_z.jpg

Now to work out how I am going to make this fork:

20884998383_aabd404c04_z.jpg

Start with some 1"x1" RHS:

20884998163_4044cae927_z.jpg

Insert steerer:

21495021832_ebe4045170_z.jpg

Not too bad:

21318300708_521ed58ba6_z.jpg

20884997793_7dde0b53a7_z.jpg

Still needs cleaning up and some decorative touches, but a nice solid start.

I bet you were all thinking there would be some crazy long chopper fork on this build! Nope, tiny short forks are required!

Anyone wondering how on earth this frame is going to work? Not too long now... ;)

Luke.

Think I will do a redesign on that fork, it could look a lot better...

Luke.
maybe adding some flat panels to fit the lambo theme ?
lambo%20fork_zpshlgw853g.jpg

sorry , can't help myself:oops:

Great job on the wheels ! can't wait to see everything else:rockout:

Last edited:

I'd give him a vote for just the wheels....would have to see a riding vid though..:21:

Nice job on that fork! You make it look too easy.

maybe adding some flat panels to fit the lambo theme ?
lambo%20fork_zpshlgw853g.jpg

sorry , can't help myself:oops:

Great job on the wheels ! can't wait to see everything else:rockout:
I like the idea, not planning on continuing the Lambo theme aside from the wheels though...
I'd give him a vote for just the wheels....would have to see a riding vid though..:21:

Nice job on that fork! You make it look too easy.
Thanks Chad.

Will a riding picture do?

99%20Heavy%20Duty%20Unicycle.jpg

Luke.

Latest posts

Back