MBBO#04 CLASS 1 VOTING BOOTH.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick your favorite bikes!

• 1: Shelby Flyer Woody by @OddJob

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • 2: Huffy Longshot by @scotleycrue

Votes: 44 34.9%
  • 3: Fritz Fifty Krate Done Right by @Scribble

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • 4: Purple Haze by @ratrodzrcool

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • 5: Cheap Thrill by @ChicagoMuscle Guy

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • 6: The Wraith by @ChicagoMuscle Guy

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • 7: Craigslist find Spyder 500 by @sdframe

• 8: '67 Huffy "The Musclepunk" by @Chad T

Votes: 42 33.3%
  • 9: Mr Meaner by @G-Matt

• 10: InViolet by @metalchewy

• 11: STORMTROOPER by @Falstaff

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • 12: grr-RAT-ified by @GuitarlCarl

• 13: WHEEL'N in the years by @Old Scool

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • 14: BigRed by @bikedudeomaha

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • 15: Unauthorized Cinnamon by @roadwarrior

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • 16: Deutsch Muscle Fahrrad by @roadwarrior

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • 17: Schwinn Lil'-Krate Midget Sting Ray by @Smoopy's

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • 18: FURY by @Wildcat

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • 19: Hooligan by @brett4christ

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • 20: Metrorat No.22 by @Endlesschain

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • 21: CycleDelic by @GuitarlCarl

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • 22: SixtyNine Spyder by @CRASH

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • 23: X FACTOR by @ratrodz

Votes: 57 45.2%
  • 24: Breakdown Beatnik by @brett4christ

• 25: TorRed (68 Typhoon) by @metalchewy

• 26: THE WAR PIG by @Jake Sensi

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • 27: Ross Apollo Delorean Style by @BScubed

Votes: 30 23.8%
  • 28: Grape Ape 24" Schwinn Mega-Ray by @greenephantom

• 29: The Raven by @ANGRYJOE

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • 30: Super Slingshot by @CRASH

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • 31: Corvette Stingray aka 'Big boy muscle' by @Big Ape

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • 32: FeDeRaL OffEnSe by @Smoopy's

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • 33: 1968 Huffy Rail Custom by @Fat Lip

Votes: 18 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Muscle bikes are really taking a kick in the shorts right now. That's disappointing in an MBBO, especially since they do so dismally poor in the regular build off. But I guess that's the risk when you run the contest on a rat rod site.
Regardless, there are some excellent builds, and my votes all leaned towards what I feel is the real essence of muscle bikes, be them wild or conservative. It was nice having such a large field as well!

Muscle bikes are really taking a kick in the shorts right now. That's disappointing in an MBBO, especially since they do so dismally poor in the regular build off. But I guess that's the risk when you run the contest on a rat rod site.
Regardless, there are some excellent builds, and my votes all leaned towards what I feel is the real essence of muscle bikes, be them wild or conservative. It was nice having such a large field as well!
I was thinking the same thing Crash !
Wow what a fantastic group of bikes in this build off, my hats off to all the builders !:cool2::113:
Mark

As a community, I think that we have a think outside the box mentality. And, an outside the box "muscle bike" is leading the voting at this point. I love the original muscle bikes and can understand Crash's statement too. We always have a great time with build-offs and issues when voting comes up. I believe that as long as we have build-offs without firm guidelines, we will continue to have hurt feelings. In hindsight, I think 3 classes might have helped, with original muscle bikes only competing in their own class.

P.S. I'm not real happy where my bike is on the leader board. Please vote for me!!!

Remember the guidelines of this build-off please people, they are there for this exact reason:

Please don't start questioning whether someone's build is a "Muscle Bike", if it meets the rules, it is fine. :thumbsup:

Luke.

Remember the guidelines of this build-off please people, they are there for this exact reason:

Please don't start questioning whether someone's build is a "Muscle Bike", if it meets the rules, it is fine. :thumbsup:

Luke.

I AGREE 100%. No room for "butthurt" here. :)

My suggestion for this build off next year would be that in one class the bikes are required to use at least one 20" wheel and you have to run a banana seat and ape hangers.

The second class can be more open and include bikes with a looser interpretation of what a muscle bike is.

I think this would clear up any possible confusion/drama.

I wanted to take the time and explain myself because I do feel that alot of the backlash is toward my build! This is my first time joining a ratrodbike build off! I have sat back and watched the builds for years salivating at the chance to jump in, just so happened that I built up enough courage to do it! I am a ratrod biker, hence my handle...ratrodz! I've watched people in the build offs breaking the molds of normal for years, which is why I chose my X53 one of my favorite bikes! I figured I'd give my personal spin on what "I" thought a muscle bike should look like, breaking a mold so to speak. I want to say that I never expected to be a contender amongst the elite builders that I'm surrounded by! ! I do want to say thank you to all who have supported and voted for me, again... I didn't expect this for my first build off! This is not what I do for a living but purely for fun!! I can respect the thoughts and feelings of everyone here, but I built my bike how I envisioned a muscle bike should look like to me. Everybody who entered did a great job, and I'm very happy to have been apart of this!

I like your interpretation Rat Rod and I agree . Thats why I went out side the box of a true 20"
Muscle bike . I like 26" bikes & didnt want a banana seat ,they look great but suck for riding . So I slapped on a sissy bar & attached a rack .. & big comfy seat. They all serve a purpose and look cool . I also used a none traditional frame but in my opinion is one of the coolest frames made for a modem day muscle bike . Not a typical muscle bike. This may be why I haven't received many votes I would guess but that's ok I'm not mad . I entered to build a cool bike that I like with my personal spin on a muscle bike. . That was cool looking and comfortable and most of all functionable. Just my 2 sense . Build it love it ride it .
Hats off to all the builder & there bikes. Much time thought & money goes in to these Beautiful pieces of rolling art . So take Pride & Ride .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I voted for what I liked in both classes. @Big Ape one of them was yours. :113:
Thanks Falstaff, I do hope that no one actually took that I was rallying for votes! I built what I like, I like what I built, and I plan to ride the heck out of it. If the banana sucks (and it probably will) I'll put a different seat on it. I guess that my point was, that RRB members build with a passion, and that passion is great until other members don't see the vision of the builder.....then we get into these conversations!

I wanted to take the time and explain myself because I do feel that alot of the backlash is toward my build! This is my first time joining a ratrodbike build off! I have sat back and watched the builds for years salivating at the chance to jump in, just so happened that I built up enough courage to do it! I am a ratrod biker, hence my handle...ratrodz! I've watched people in the build offs breaking the molds of normal for years, which is why I chose my X53 one of my favorite bikes! I figured I'd give my personal spin on what "I" thought a muscle bike should look like, breaking a mold so to speak. I want to say that I never expected to be a contender amongst the elite builders that I'm surrounded by! ! I do want to say thank you to all who have supported and voted for me, again... I didn't expect this for my first build off! This is not what I do for a living but purely for fun!! I can respect the thoughts and feelings of everyone here, but I built my bike how I envisioned a muscle bike should look like to me. Everybody who entered did a great job, and I'm very happy to have been apart of this!
I like your interpretation Rat Rod and I agree . Thats why I went out side the box of a true 20"
Muscle bike . I like 26" bikes & didnt want a banana seat ,they look great but suck for riding . So I slapped on a sissy bar & attached a rack .. & big comfy seat. They all serve a purpose and look cool .Not a typical muscle bike. This may be why I haven't received many votes I would guess but that's ok I'm not mad . I entered to build a cool bike that I like with my personal spin on a muscle bike. . That was cool looking and comfortable and most of all functionable. Just my 2 sense . Build it love it ride it .
Hats off to all the builder & there bikes. Much time thought & money goes in to these Beautiful pieces of rolling art . So take Pride & Ride .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You both built cool bikes that fit within the parameters of the contest rules, I don't know that anyone specifically has an issue with x factor or not. But I figure if someone isn't happy with how the voting turns out or thinks a "traditional" musclebike should have more votes than something non traditional, maybe they're just not a happy person.

We do have a muscle bike forum, builds can happen there too. I'm not talking about any one person or group of people, just pointing out that all the bikes were within the rules and voting goes how it goes.

Now that I've put my two cents out there, I just want to say what I've said before.

I just want to build bikes.

I don't care if no one likes them, as long as I like them that's all that matters.

Thanks Falstaff, I do hope that no one actually took that I was rallying for votes! I built what I like, I like what I built, and I plan to ride the heck out of it. If the banana sucks (and it probably will) I'll put a different seat on it. I guess that my point was, that RRB members build with a passion, and that passion is great until other members don't see the vision of the builder.....then we get into these conversations!
Didn't think you were rallying, just giving you props for building an awesome bike.

It seems I've set off some nerves with my comments. Just to clarify, I'm not railing against anything in particular and I'm certainly not "butt hurt". The opposite is more true, I was really excited to see all the participation this year! I guess I'm just feeling overly protective of my very small niche in the bike community. I fell into it because of my kids. I liked the bikes, my kids thought they were really cool, and that's all she wrote. Anyway...
It's a small niche, and often overlooked and possibly shunned in my opinion. So I feel like I need to "champion" it almost. And when the term strays too far from the farm, so to speak, I thought I should at least mention it so there can at least be conversation. My personal goal is the continued refinement of the MBBO. Luke has done a fantastic job running and and making it as inclusive as possible, but there is always room for improvement. Stevens suggestions have merit, although I would say that there are a good number of manufactured bikes that were 24" wheels both front and back. Regardless, we have a year to discuss and refine and make next year even better.

Crash, you didn't strike any nerves here. I was in some agreement, but also knew the open rules that we had as well. I built a muscle bike and I built a chopper. I know the difference, but the rules allow it and I am happy to have both of these awesome bikes. i think We should maybe think about what rule changes go into next years.

Every bike that entered this MBBO followed the rules and fairly received any votes that they get.
I don't think that it is appropriate to try and discuss future rule or class changes while the voting is still live and ongoing. It seems to lessen the achievement of the current top vote getters who are only guilty of building wicked bikes that people like enough to vote for.

In all honesty... haha, I'd like to see Crash do an over the top, just barely meets the rules, freak of a muscle bike,with all the exacting detail he puts into his resto bikes. Just think bro, no rules but wheels,bars and seat....

Carl.

Latest posts

Back