(MBBO#04 Class 1) Stormtrooper Rollin' Again

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You ever tried truing a rim? This would be a great one to start with since it's pretty much in a truing stand. You just tighten to pull it the direction you want and/or loosen to let it go that way. Should be easy for the LBS to do it while you're there but grab yourself a spoke wrench to play with.
Yea I've tried, didn't do so well at it. I have a spoke wrench and need to practice. My friend Dan who owned the shop I go to showed me a little on how to do it before he passed, his wife Carrie runs the shop now. I have to give her props for not ordering the grips I wanted for this bike, the ones she chose worked out very well.

Cool..that sounds like a nice shop to visit. I've got a nice family owned Schwinn shop right up the street...then down the street I've got a real high end shop that's a bit snobby but has tons of cool stuff.

You can bring wheels over here if you ever need help. I love playing with the spokes.

It is a nice shop, we have one other but the guy that runs it always wants to talk your ear off about sky diving. Not that sky diving is an issue, but it's a bike shop.

Might take you up on the offer on wheels, I have a few things to learn yet.

Just took the trooper to my LBS to show off. They liked it, but I didn't like the ride. 3 mile round trip and man that seat is uncomfortable.

I did get a half link on the chain, so no more slack. I'll try to post a new pic tomorrow, headed off to the in-laws now.

Latest posts

Back