(MBBO#04 Class 1) - B4C builds Hooligan!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's been a while since I've shown progress pics....that's because there has been no progress!!

I've been trying to figure out a couple things...

So, in the meantime, here's a little teaser...

0bc1d9c83e8d5ada910a8b07517a49bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No activity for me for a day or two! Getting ready for unwanted company....Joaquin! Stay dry folks!!

Nice progress so far! The green PC is awesome! I like the mags too! I just picked up a bike specifically for a set just like them.

Well....[emoji443][emoji445]I'm back on the saddle again...[emoji445]

Took some time out this b-e-a-utiful afternoon to tinker with the fraternal twins, Hooligan and Beatnik!

eebea9ef83f1668ee221a6cedf8a172b.jpg

Installed the brakes and then the chain. Then I found a problem...

92734d7c87c3fbe046d36528e386d90c.jpg

Modified the brake mount a bit and reinstalled. Much better...

b05d3eadb9cb9bb9f2b1f34dff19ac49.jpg

Installed the "suicide brake lever"...

39a7f9bd4d2614314f423b98945b9e0e.jpg

Temporarily ran a cable from the suicide shift/brake to the brake, taped up the loose ends, then...

Hooligan's a RIDER!!!

Wooooohooooo!!

Put him up for the evening!!!

45cab28837510b7b7d9bee3932989ba7.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, I'm still kickin'....or really life is kickin' me!!! Work has been an absolute bear, occupying practically ALL of my daylight hours! THEN, I come home to holiday honey-dos and babysitting the grands! All that to say....

...I'm still in the build!

Quick update...

I now have the proper WHITE cable housing for the brake cable. It goes on next week!

I took an hour to add the pinstripes and lettering to the frame, forks and chain guard.

be678e8c41ec6c498c3d8049d8fd3d7c.jpg
a1ccea415b0389cae4c00b8fc5ec46e9.jpg
d48963421cfb948787a971254d77ff24.jpg
b2237f3000a1c1f8411f3509b1880f3b.jpg

I'll be finishing Hooligan up next week, then I have to see if there's enough time to pull Breakdown Beatnik out of the rafters and finish him up!! Wish me luck!!!

I was beginning to wonder how things were going.
Thanks for thinking of me! I really can't complain....I have a good, steady job ( just got a raise and there's talk of a bonus!!![emoji4]) a the most awesome wife in the world, and some pretty darn cute grandkids!! Bikes are the sprinkles on the cake icing!!

Thanks for thinking of me! I really can't complain....I have a good, steady job ( just got a raise and there's talk of a bonus!!![emoji4]) a the most awesome wife in the world, and some pretty darn cute grandkids!! Bikes are the sprinkles on the cake icing!!

AMEN BROTHER

You do your own lettering and striping I take it. Very well done! :41: I always appreciate the artistic side of a build. Looking forward to the finishing touches and your Beatnik. Looks cool, man. Like, dig?

That guard is awesome, VERY nice work! Did you hand paint that?!?

You do your own lettering and striping I take it. Very well done! :41: I always appreciate the artistic side of a build. Looking forward to the finishing touches and your Beatnik. Looks cool, man. Like, dig?

Yes, I do...and thanks! Most of my personal builds have SOME stripes, the only one that comes to mind that does NOT is my Immaculate Deception from the last buildoff.

Breakdown Beatnik will be a kind of rolling billboard for my pinstriping at car shows, so it's gonna be a little wild....well, ALOT wild!

Latest posts

Back