May cause HYSTERICAL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I don't know if I'll have time to finish this but I'm gonna try anyhow.
I'll try to get some pictures sometime in the not to distant future.
But for now....I'll just set the wayback machine set to 1973! :p

Dang boy , I could do 20 builds in three months. I guess the retired part
has something to do with it. Good luck.

Don´t tell me we´re gonna have to wait for you to come back from 1973 to see your next post!
That´s the problem when someone involves time travel, my brains turn into a knot!
You could finish the bike in 1973, then get back to may 2 2013 and post the finished bike!
I better PM Steve and ask if there´s any rule about that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now seriously, post some pics! :wink:

Well, heres what I'm starting with:
IMG_0213.jpg

I'm double checking some measurements with a friend to make sure I'll be good to go, since I don't have a frame to steal them from.

I suppose I can get some more
IMG_0156.jpg
and make my rims in the meantime. :|

Well, I was going to swap frames, but seeing how the only thing I got done was a scale drawing. I guess I still have my frame swap option available down the road. :lol:
I think I'll make this one a 26" frame so I can use it in comfort. See you guys at the end maybe with 2 complete bikes and a scale drawing of an idea! :p

Or, maybe not.
question.jpg

Don't worry. I don't want the prize wheels so you all can have them!

Looks like a Riddler bike

Jig? It was occupied with a customers build and it is entirely possible to build a frame and have it track perfectly without using one(or any specialty tools for that matter. I have lots, but like doing stuff with hand tools and my hands.I could tell you how to make centering cones for less than $4 with just hand tools and some thought. No, I don't mean mill them down :wink: )
Jig(not the complete thing. I have other parts that arent on it in that picture):
IMG_0004.jpg

Have you been using that jig yet?

bean said:
Nice jig :wink: ..............Similar to mine :D

sensor said:
Jig? It was occupied with a customers build and it is entirely possible to build a frame and have it track perfectly without using one(or any specialty tools for that matter. I have lots, but like doing stuff with hand tools and my hands.I could tell you how to make centering cones for less than $4 with just hand tools and some thought. No, I don't mean mill them down :wink: )
Jig(not the complete thing. I have other parts that arent on it in that picture)

Hope I didn't come across as a Smart Alec :oops: It certainly wasn't my intention.

I agree, it it very easy to build a frame without one. What I was getting at is you don't need a jig if you have a good flat surface and can use squares, tape measure, a straight edge and stringline...........a calibrated eyeball helps too :wink: . I am building my first (bike) frame for this build-off, and will be building more in the future, and the only reason I would build a jig is if I were building more than one of the same frame, or building a frame for a paying customer.

Kingfish: Yeah, but not for my stuff. Good, since I need the $ for my dogs vet bills, but looks like this may be put on hold yet again.
I did however, get the stays on and dropouts tacked on and rough shaped.
Bean: I'm sorry I wasn't meaning you were being smart at all. I totally agree with you! People seem to think that you have to have some serious tools to make a frame or whatever and that isn't the case at all. I do have tools that are job specific(that's why I posted most of my jig) but wanted to show that with some forethought and basic hand tools you can make something that will be 100% correct and without spending tons of $. I'm sorry if I came off as being rude to you, since that wasn't my intention at all! Sorry for the misunderstanding. Darn wire boxes don't convey my meaning too well(well, probably it's me).
I do have a customers frame build, so I may just use my frame switch option and build it up with my parts before it goes to it's home! Shhhhhhhh............

Latest posts

Back