>>>Maximum Overdrive<<<Finished - Vote for best pics! 7/13

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: >>>Maximum Overdrive<<<Progress 6/8/08

I decided to make a few changes. I am going to try to ride this bike 25 miles in a local MS charity tour. In order to do that I needed some gears. Schwinn S-2's with Nexus 7 Speed. I got this sweet set of Monark Women's Dual Spring forks to give it the proper feel and then of course I needed a comfy seat and so I got this 1890's long spring racing seat.

Ph2a.jpg

Ph2b.jpg

Ph2c.jpg

Ph2d.jpg

Re: >>>Maximum Overdrive<<<Progress 6/8/08

This thing is cool!!! awesome mixture of parts and style. can't wait to see it done!

Re: >>>Maximum Overdrive<<<Finished~Almost!

It is finished for now. i will be riding it this coming Saturday in a 25 mile benefit ride for MS. I was only going to do a 10 miler, but it rides so good i decided to give the 25 miler a shot. I figure about 3 hours to do it with the hills and all. Wish me luck! I will post up the final pics after the ride. I have lights and fenders still to do.

Tjet1.jpg

Tjet2.jpg

Tjet3.jpg

Tjet4.jpg

Tjet5.jpg

Tjet6.jpg

I got the chills just looking at it! Part of me says to stay clear of that beast and the other part says that if I ever get the chance ... jump on it, ride and suffer the consequences later! Truely one of the coolest bikes around. You always got great eye for getting things "just right" but this time you've really outdone yourself! The Black and white pics are so cool. They prove that this is artwork and not just throwing a bike together!
Thanks once again,
Chainy

YH, Looks killer dude. Your bikes amaze me. ALWAYS LOOK SWEET BRO.

killer bike Yeshoney !! 3 hours for 25 miles sounds like a decent run too, but then again i have no idea how big your hills are around there either :D have fun !!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: that tank makes the bike, that bike is just fantastic in everyway

you really can't go wrong with a boardtracker

Nice and simple build. Putting cool parts together is what it all about.

Re: >>>Maximum Overdrive<<<25 Miles covered!

Not sure how I did it, but I did. I covered the 25 miles yesterday in exactly 2 and 1/2 hours. That averages out to 10 MPH. Not bad on what was undoubtedly the heaviest bike out there by probably 10 pounds. It also had the widest tires by faaaaaaar! HA HA HA. The temperature was a cool 87 degrees at 9 AM when we shoved off. Only one hill proved to be unconquerable and in my attempt to ride up it I cooked a bearing in the BB. That was at mile 13! The rest of the ride was punctuated with a nasty grinding sound from the crank. Since it appeared I was not losing speed and the sound was merely an annoyance I pressed on. At mile 24 we met our last hill and I was determined not to walk it. I had riders cheering me on as I huffed and puffed up it. Pretty inspiring! Lots of spandex guys on there thousands of dollar bikes pushing me on!

With the ride over i will get the bearing fixed and put the finishing pieces on the bike. Pics Soon!

Thanks, Joe

That's awesome Joe...we just need some video of that final hill in slo-mo with the Chariots of Fire song playing in the background...ha ha!

Way to represent the Rat Rodders! :D

YOU WIN AT BIKES !!! :wink: I would like to have seen them cheerin you on at the end myself :D

so whats with the brake handle an the two cables. can't make it out. great build. glad ya finnished the ride. that had too be to kool with all the spandex cherry ya on. way to funny.

Outlaw :mrgreen:

My RRBBO 3 Entry, Maximum Overdrive is now completed. I had it pinstriped today by a great guy that goes by the name of the "One Arm Bandit". You guessed it. Single handed pinstriper! Amazing talent! Anyway, I took it up to the ancient cemetary this evening and took a whole bunch of pictures. Enjoy the show and let me know which ones are your favorites. Hopefully Steve will use those in the vote.

This has been a blast to build and this is one bike that will never be parted or sold. It came out great and everyone who sees it loves it.

MO1.jpg

MO2.jpg

MO3.jpg

MO4.jpg

MO5.jpg

MO6.jpg

MO7.jpg

MO8.jpg

MO9.jpg

MO10.jpg

MO11.jpg

MO12.jpg