>>>Maximum Overdrive<<<Finished - Vote for best pics! 7/13

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The name comes from the Stephen King movie of the same name. The deco on the tank makes me think of the AC/DC song "Thunderstruck" and so it is born. The wheels and bars took about 2 hours to come up with right combination to get the look and feel I wanted. The tires are vintage whitewalls 24 x 2.125 Flying O out back, Goodyear Wingfoot 24 x 1.75 out front riding on Sun BFR rims and Ringle hubs.

The frame/tank/guard came from Crassly. The fork was tweaked and I toyed with using a Monark knee action springer, but found a way to straighten out the original one. I am going for lightweight on this one so the Monark springer idea was put away. I have a few other ideas to minimze weight so keep an eye out!

MxOv1a.jpg

MxOv1b.jpg

MxOv1c.jpg

MxOv1d.jpg

MxOv1e.jpg

Re: >>>Maximum Overdrive<<<

New paint?! NFW! This thing screams Rat just the way it is! I had to straighten out the chainguard after UPS saw fit to throw it around a bit. In the end the straightening gave it a little more character and a story to go with it.

Joe

Painting the frame flat black would really make the tank and guard pop.

Ummm, no, but maybe on a future build! Maybe a Halloween theme bike!

Pinstripes a definite for this one. Not many and they will need to be carefully placed.

Got a new fork for this one too! YIPPEE. Good things come to those that are patient and can hit the BIN quick enough.

:D :) 8)

Ahab said:
are you going to fab up a green goblin face for the front :)

Rat Rod said:
Joe...the king of sweet NOS tires. :D
yes that and interesting forks
yeshoney said:
Got a new fork for this one too! YIPPEE. Good things come to those that are patient and can hit the BIN quick enough.

MAN...that's one killer looking tank and guard...that paint looks finished! tha whole thing [frame] looks killer!
i'm so jealous. can't wait top see this thing finished!

I don't think you should continue in this build off!......It's just not fair, starting out with the coolest bike! :roll:

Latest posts

Back