MAX Wedge

Jul 10, 2018
NY
I miss being a kid. I don't miss those goofy haircuts though.View attachment 140130
Me too,

Max is a time machine. Has to have old knobbys, Ashtabula fork, banana, high flange hub and #plates.
Wanted to use the Stingray but the BB is low with a slightly shorter top tube. Longer cranks was a game changer in bmx. Can't find the documentary now showing how Stingrays where cut, heated, ratchet strapped to raise the BB.
Side by side with BB and axles in the same plane.
compare.jpg
The Huffy's spindle height is 11'' on 1.75'' tires. Plenty for 6-1/2'' cranks. The Pro Thunder isn't terrible. Rode it many miles... good enough for my needs.

Heard about this legendary Huffy score.
Huffy Yard Sale.jpg

That's a funky Metaloid made of recycled cans mid 3rd row.

Aug 21, 2013
Never saw it in gray. Thought they only came in red and blue.

I have a metaloid xl, I tossed around using it this time around, but I think it will be saved for an annual build off..

Reactions: RustyGold
Aug 21, 2013
yeah, must of been stripped. Saw one IRL, not my cup.. Has potential in the right hands.
I've yet to see one done right.
Infact, i've yet to see one that was even attempted to be done right. It has such bad parts, but great lines.

Given the $$ of the Trek Rail, I don't know how the Metaloid has almost no value...
Read a great read about the metaloid from The grandson of the Huffy empire awhile back.

It was built like that because the chinese manufacturing couldn't steal or replicate it..
They spent millions getting the machines and processes, then folded in a couple years..

Jul 10, 2018
NY
The asymmetry of the bars is bonkers. Almost "$1400 for hubs bonkers," but not quite
In person the brain needs a moment to reason it out. Gets many people the first time.

Would you believe a few bmxers use those hubs. Beautiful but can't take a punch.